PDA

View Full Version : Modern Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

dps
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
My apologies if this has been presented before. I found it interesting in explaining the difference between pre WWll and post WWll Aikido.

http://www.aikidojournal.com/article.php?articleID=34

David

Nafis Zahir
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I found that to be a very interesting article. I believe that all martial arts eventually evolve. This was the ideology of Bruce Lee when he created Jeet Kun Do. He believed in no limitations. However, I do think that the foundation and spirit of Aikido should always remain the same.

jennifer paige smith
08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I found that to be a very interesting article. I believe that all martial arts eventually evolve. This was the ideology of Bruce Lee when he created Jeet Kun Do. He believed in no limitations. However, I do think that the foundation and spirit of Aikido should always remain the same.

nice thought.
All 'things' in nature are moving and changing. Martial arts are no different.
As long as the true workings of Nature are observed and learnt then the foundation, spirit-principle of aikido will remain.

SeiserL
08-12-2007, 05:23 PM
IMHO, what O'Sensei and Bruce may have been hinting/pointing at (sorry, I claim not direct conversations with either, though some with their students) was a conceptually, as opposed to technically, based art.