PDA

View Full Version : coming home again

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

flotoonie
08-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Hello all

I am new to aikiweb. I never thought to look online for other aikidoka. It seems that this site is a wonderful resource and community.

My story? Well a couple of years ago I trained for a while in the Yoshinkan style (two gradings) but stopped when I moved town for work reasons. I couldn't find a local Yoshinkan dojo but to tell the truth I was a bit busy to look properly - until now. I have the hankerin for some training again and I need your help.

I live just north of Brisbane, Australia and am looking for a Yoshinkan dojo in the area. For those that know the region I appear to be smack between the Palmwoods and West End dojos, timewise. It is a long way to travel and if anyone knows of a local Yoshinkan style dojo in the Caboolture, Morayfield, Redcliffe area please let me know.

I need some training!

Thanks in advance

akiy
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

flotoonie
08-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Thankyou Jun

I am glad to be here. I have lost count of the posts and articles I have enjoyed reading here over the last week or so.

I have decided to try out the West End dojo. I can only make it once a week at the moment. That is not really enough but better than nothing.

aikispike
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello all

I live just north of Brisbane, Australia and am looking for a Yoshinkan dojo in the area. For those that know the region I appear to be smack between the Palmwoods and West End dojos, timewise. It is a long way to travel and if anyone knows of a local Yoshinkan style dojo in the Caboolture, Morayfield, Redcliffe area please let me know.

Welcome!

You can't do much better than having Mori Sensei in town... he taught me in the senshusei course back when I was young and skinny, and he was young and had short hair. He's a great teacher and very strong.

You Aussies are quite fortunate Yoshinkan-wise with Mori, Thambu and Darren Friend just to mention a few of the instructors who are kicking around.

Spike