PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ChrisMoses
07-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Most of you know me exclusively from my obnoxious online presence. Those of you who have met me off-line can confirm that I'm just as obnoxious in person. :cool: I generally try to stay on topic on these forums, but this one is way off the topic of aikido.

Next Wednesday (July 25th) my wife and I will get on a plane to Beijing and on the 29th we meet our daughter Xuan. Xuan was abandoned in Qingdao at three days old on June 8th 2004. She was born with a cleft lip and palate. According to what little medical info we have, she is otherwise quite healthy. We know that she had had her lip repaired as of Feb 2006, and that she's spent most of her life in foster care. With any luck, it was the same family. We also know that a little over a year ago she was supposed to be adopted by another American family, but they backed out, leaving her high and dry and a little further away from the age everyone wants to adopt. That's just about all we know aside from a few pictures of a little girl holding a strawberry surrounded by toys that she had probably never seen before.

Anyway, this way you'll know why I'm not bickering at my usual rate for the next little while. Wish me luck! :eek:

akiy
07-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Christian,

I hope all goes well for you and your wife.

Best wishes,

-- Jun

Jonshez
07-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi Christian,
the best of luck with your commendable decision. My son was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate (he's now 10). If there is any advice or if you want to bend my ear please don't hesitate.

Jon

MM
07-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Safe journey and best of luck!

stelios
07-21-2007, 02:26 AM
All the best with your new life that lies in front.
Enjoy every moment!

jennifer paige smith
07-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Enjoy the life that awaits you, just like Stelios said above.
I'm touched by your adventure. Best of love to your family.

Marc Abrams
07-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Chris:

Many people talk the talk and fail to walk their talk. You walk your talk. Making the world a better place takes real action and less lip. You have my utmost respect and best wishes on the joys of raising a child.

Marc Abrams

Ron Tisdale
07-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Best Regards, Good luck, and hope your new family is home safe soon!

Ron

James Davis
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Nice job, Christian. I hope all goes well.