PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Matthew D. Jacobs
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone,

I am a new member and just wanted to say hello to everyone in the aikiweb community. I have not yet started Aikido instruction, though I have been researching Aikido and its philosophies quite a but recently. I have never studied martial arts (always wanted to) but never had the time. Now reflecting on my life (I am 25), realzing that I am not getting any younger, I work full time, have a wife and son, and go to school almost full time (and run a small business) I realize that there is really never "time", it is how much we are willing to dedicate ourselves to something we really want. I am excited to start classes soon, I am going to contact a couple of dojo's in my area, aikido of Madison and aikido of Marshall. I found out that Mark Uttech (who runs Aikido of Marshall) is a long time student of the instructors who run Aikido of Madison, small world. But I will probably be lurking for some time initially since I am still so new (though we should all strive to continually educate ourselves) to Aikido. I look forward to learning from all of you and maybe some day training with some of you.

Domo Arigato

Matthew

akiy
06-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Matthew,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun