PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Takemusu Aikido Vol 1

Please visit our sponsor:

Antony_Watson
11-14-2001, 09:12 PM
Guys,

I'm been searching high and low for the book Takemusu Aikido Vol 1.

I've found volumes 2 onwards.

Unfortunately its been out of print for a long time thus not available through anyone I've contacted.

If anyone knows where I can pickup a copy in Australia or via the net or whatever I would be most appreciative.

At this point I'd settle for a photocopy even.

If anyone has any suggestions where I might get my hands on an original or a photocopy please contact me.

Thanks in advance,
Antony

Greg Jennings
11-14-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Antony_Watson
Guys,

I'm been searching high and low for the book Takemusu Aikido Vol 1.

I've found volumes 2 onwards.

Unfortunately its been out of print for a long time thus not available through anyone I've contacted.

If anyone knows where I can pickup a copy in Australia or via the net or whatever I would be most appreciative.

At this point I'd settle for a photocopy even.

If anyone has any suggestions where I might get my hands on an original or a photocopy please contact me.

Thanks in advance,
Antony

Do you mean Takemusu Aikido which is the new series by AikiNews or Traditional Aikido which is the old series by Sugawara Martial Arts Institute?

Getting Takemusu Aikido Volume 1 should be as easy as ordering it here http://www.aikidojournal.com/catalog/category.asp .

If you're talking about Traditional Aikido, good luck. You'd have to put out a bid to a book locating service or similar. Not many people that have them are willing to part with them.

Best Regards,

Antony_Watson
11-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Greg,

The book that I'm after is Called Takemusu Aikido Vol 1 by Morihiro Saito.

Unfortunately Aikidojournal.com has teh same problem as everyone else as per their website "OUT OF PRINT" :(

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Cheers
Antony

Greg Jennings
11-15-2001, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Antony_Watson
Greg,

The book that I'm after is Called Takemusu Aikido Vol 1 by Morihiro Saito.

Unfortunately Aikidojournal.com has teh same problem as everyone else as per their website "OUT OF PRINT" :(

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Cheers
Antony

AikiNews/Aikido Journal is the publisher. They aren't at the mercy of a third-party printer.

What the "Temporarily out of print" means is that they don't have enough orders to make up a print run.

If you put your order in and get your friends to put their orders in, you'll be going a long way toward getting a copy.

Regards,