PDA

View Full Version : Kinomichi

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Hanna B
06-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have first hand experience with Noro sensei's art called kinomichi/ki no michi?

Edward
06-17-2007, 09:34 AM
A few years ago, I have met Noro Sensei through one of his old students and was invited to his dojo. I did an "intermediate" class as the beginners one was too early for my schedule. All what I can tell you is that it is definitely not aikido. It was aikido forms used as a dance, and it very much has borrowed a lot from Tango. Anyway, it was a nightmare of a class for me because even though I was very good at aikido, it was impossible for me to imitate the ballet like tip toe movements and found it extremely "unlike me" having to invite the partners in a Danse de Salon fashion and having to keep a silly smile at all times similar to what professional dancers would do during a competition. I was very relieved when the class was over.

Hanna B
06-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Definately not aikido is what I have heard too. Mixing aikido with dance and tango sounds like great fun to me :D but tip toe and ballroom smile sounds awkward. I'd still like to try sometime, though, but it seems I'd have to travel to France or nearby.