PDA

View Full Version : Honolulu Aikikai

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Tinyboy344
05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Is there anyone that trained or has been training at Aikido of Honolulu, Hawaii? I'd appreciate some infos. Thank you

DarkShodan
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I just got back from Hawaii. Our head instructor lives and teaches there at the Windward YWCA over in Kaneohe. What would you like to know specifically?

ramenboy
05-30-2007, 01:20 PM
i was in oahu visiting a friend who's a member there. its a great group and great aikido. i was able to practice just about everyday there for about 2 weeks.

go if you get a chance. Aoyagi sensei is not getting any younger

pm me if you have any other questions.

Chris Li
05-30-2007, 01:53 PM
go if you get a chance. Aoyagi sensei is not getting any younger

As I understand it, Bob Aoyagi isn't teaching in the evenings anymore because of his night vision, but he's still doing the morning classes. He's got some memory problems, so you may repeat a few techniques, but physically he's still doing OK.

Best,

Chris

ramenboy
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
thanx for the update chris,

...you may repeat a few techniques, but physically he's still doing OK

that's a great part of the class itself...as the class progressed, Aoyagi Sensei would show a technique and then look at the class, if they nodded, he knew he showed that technique and go onto the next one.

Tinyboy344
05-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Thank you for all the very helpful feedbacks.
I'm gonna be in Honolulu for 3 weeks and I intend to go to all the classes. I want to come to the dojo after I get off the plane (11:35AM the coming up Monday), is there gonna be anyone there at that time so I can talk to or do I have to wait til class time?
Also I'd like to know what's a regular class gonna be like?

Chris Li
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank you for all the very helpful feedbacks.
I'm gonna be in Honolulu for 3 weeks and I intend to go to all the classes. I want to come to the dojo after I get off the plane (11:35AM the coming up Monday), is there gonna be anyone there at that time so I can talk to or do I have to wait til class time?
Also I'd like to know what's a regular class gonna be like?

They usually open the doors a little before the scheduled class times. Regular classes are pretty standard Aikikai classes.

Feel free to visit us at The Aikido Ohana (http://www.aikidoohana.org) if you have time.

Best,

Chris

Ron Tisdale
05-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Regular classes are pretty standard Aikikai classes.

Ok, wait a minute...there is a standard??? ;)

B,
R (who knew??)