PDA

View Full Version : Dojo in Syracuse, NY

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Omen
11-06-2001, 04:11 PM
I'm from Syracuse, NY. (central New York). And I am looking for a place where I can receive aikido lessons. I need some feedback...either with an exact place, or a way in which I can go about finding one on my own.

All help is appreciated.
Thanks

guest1234
11-06-2001, 04:19 PM
Hi Matthew,
Have you tried the dojo search? Under the Databases heading to the left. If there's nothing near you there, you might look in the yellow pages and the business white pages under martial arts and aikido. Also, ask at local colleges and universities, often they have classes in the PE dept that you can sign up for, even if you are not a regular student. One other source is your community center/youth center.

Good Luck.

Omen
11-06-2001, 05:04 PM
Thank you! I found a dojo not far (thirty minutes) from where I live. I will visit here again and see whats going on. Later guys

guest1234
11-06-2001, 08:20 PM
Great! Ihope you have a good time, let us know how it went.

afwen
11-08-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Omen
I'm from Syracuse, NY. (central New York). And I am looking for a place where I can receive aikido lessons.

Aikido of Central New York (http://home.twcny.rr.com/aikidocny/), led by Yousuf Mehter sensei (5th dan) is a great place, with excellent instructors and a beautiful space. They frequently host seminars with Aikikai shihan-level instructors.

-Alvin