PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Paris

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Reza ELAIDI
05-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi to all the community.
My name is Reza ELAIDI. I'm 42 and have been practicing Aikido for 22 years after around 10 years in judo. I'm an official aikido teacher in France but since my personal evolution is still immature, I keep on working and searching before I can consider to be able to transmit anything to students (except for few seminars given every year with friends). I'm also seriously involved in taiji since 2001. I practice Qi-gong for health and started systema a few months ago, I really amazing art. I've been lucky to meet great teachers (skills and human qualities) in all these disciplines. So, why martial arts ? I consider daily life to be my best "real" dojo and I endeavour to deal with trials with the right attitude and learn a lot about myself. Hope to share with all of you in the future.
Best wishes,
Reza

akiy
05-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Reza,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Marie Noelle Fequiere
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Reza, it's a pleasure to have you. I a Haïtian, and I have been practicing only since September last year. Since we both speak french, can you help me with something? I have O Sensei's book: "The Art Of Peace" ("L'Art de la Paix"). It's a tiny, softcover book edited by Guy Trédaniel. Do you know this book? Each page is adorned with the same kanji, but not translation is provided for it. I naturally thought that it meant "Peace", but it seems not to be the case. Can you help me with that?

Reza ELAIDI
05-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Marie Noelle,
Thanks ! I got the book "the art of peace", but mine is an english version from Shambala edition and there is no kanji inside. I'm sure there are many people on this site that read perfectly japanese and could help you to decipher the true meaning.
Best,
Reza

Ron Tisdale
05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Hello Reza. I was fortunate to train in Paris at the dojo of Patricia Guerri last year. I hope to return to Paris sometime in 07, depending on circumstances. Perhaps I could look you up if I'm there, and train with you at your dojo.

Best,
Ron

Kevin Leavitt
05-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Welcome to Aikiweb!

I am going to Paris this weekend to see your wonderful city!

Kevin

Reza ELAIDI
05-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Thanks to all of you. Ron, it will be a pleasure to spend some time on the mat sharing ideas. Contact me when you come ! Kevin, hope you'll enjoy your visit : the weather should be nice this week-end.
Have a nice day,
Best,
Reza