PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Two Houses

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Steven
04-12-2007, 02:51 PM
So whose house is gentler on the environment?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

James Davis
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Doesn't matter. He won an academy award. He can do no wrong.:rolleyes:

Hogan
04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
So whose house is gentler on the environment?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Are you insinuating that Al Gore, a DEMOCRAT, is a hypcorite!?

I cannot believe this.... I thought the democrats practiced what they preached...

*sniff*...

dps
04-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Yet another example of a liberal doing exactly the opposite of what he says.
David

Lorien Lowe
04-12-2007, 07:04 PM
And a conservative doing the exact opposite of what he says (and how he administrates).

Hogan
04-13-2007, 01:33 PM
And a conservative doing the exact opposite of what he says (and how he administrates).

Bush has told people to live wastfeul lives & to spend & live like Gore!? Must have missed that press release....

BC
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Didn't Gore also make some ridiculous statement trying to counter criticism of his use of a non-environmentally-friendly private jet to fly around the world?

James Davis
04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Didn't Gore also make some ridiculous statement trying to counter criticism of his use of a non-environmentally-friendly private jet to fly around the world?

He purchases carbon offsets to reduce his "carbon footprint". Of course, he's part owner of the company that he's buying them from, so that's a little strange.:confused:

How do carbon offsets work anyway? Does one just hire a hippie to plant a tree for every ton of waste fuel one produces?

Anyway, we shouldn't dwell on the awful things that he does to the environment. We should listen to what he says, and demonize people who drive SUV's to work. He won an academy award, folks!

Lorien Lowe
04-18-2007, 03:34 AM
"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
-President Bush, Sept. 23, 2002, Trenton, New Jersey, speech

Not to mention the policies his administration is putting forth.

Hogan
04-18-2007, 09:00 AM
"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
-President Bush, Sept. 23, 2002, Trenton, New Jersey, speech

Not to mention the policies his administration is putting forth.

That quote was from the book "Bushism's" - & an obvious example of him misspeaking.

Lorien Lowe
05-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I'd say that it was a freudian slip.

Dirk Hanss
05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Usually I do not post in Open Discussions.
But here the answer is clear.
If George W. Bush had stayed onhis ranch, he would have done a better job for his nation and the entire world.

Best regards Dirk

P.S. I do not comment on Al Gore's house. I am always sceptical, when a politician claims something, he did not realize, when he was on duty. So I am not really astonished, just by the total sum. But I do not know, what he is using it for. There might be some excuses to mitigate a part of it. The major issue is that it might make people think - in the wrong direction.