PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Michigan area

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

rachmass
03-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Hello, I don't know if this is the right spot on the forum, or even if it something that should be posted, but I am curious if there are any wayward aikidoka in the Jackson and south environs here on the forum. Thinking potential practice partners as I am quite far from the home dojo....

Cheers all

Mark Mueller
03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Rachel,

I live in Richland MI which is about an hour from Jackson. I might consider driving over there 1-2 times a week. I have not been on the mat in a while so I am a little rusty but I wold be very interested in an informal aiki study group.

Regards,

Mark

rachmass
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi Mark, we might actually have some interest going already (wow). If there are people who want to do this once or twice a week then we need to find a place to practice. Jackson is really good for me as I am about 20 minutes south of there (too far to Ann Arbor, Battle Creek and Lansing). Please PM me with contact information and we'll start talking.

Best, Rachel

Esaemann
03-30-2007, 08:32 AM
I grew up in Hillsdale, and go there for about 10 days in July. Have been looking for a place to train in that area while I'm there for about five years now. Let me know if you guys meet a little further south of Jackson, and would welcome another body.

Eric

Mark Mueller
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
One of the things that I thought would be really cool is a "study" group of West MIchigan Aikido Practitioners....typically Nidan and above (regardless) of affiliation that would meet on an informal monthly basis (we could rotate locations) to work on ideas that don't get typically covered in "standard" practice or transferred or just some obscure things we would like to work on......we could also "assign" someone diffenrent to lead each session.

Would any one be interested in something like this?

rachmass
04-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Hi Mark, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Are there really that many aikidoka in the area? The nearest I can find is a Yoshinkan club at the Y in Jackson, and I really prefer to stick with aikikai. I know a wonderful guy in Grand Rapids, but that is too far for me (I could just drive in to Ann Arbor or Lansing an hour away otherwise).

Please put input into the database idea floated to Jun about a week ago. If enough people are interested in something like that he might be pursuaded to get one up and running.

To answer your question; I would be open to looking at various options now, as long as it doesn't involve a long drive for me (no further than Jackson or Hudson or Brooklyn).

Cheers, Rachel