PDA

View Full Version : These fellows are interesting


Please visit our sponsor:
 

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!


Erik
10-15-2001, 09:11 PM
10TH Dan Aikijudokan School Of Aikido

8TH Dan Aikido United States Karate Association

6TH Dan Japanese Aikido Association

Ok, what is the aikijudokan school of Aikido? When did the USKA start issuing Aikido ranks? Hey, Tomiki folks, is this guy really a 6th dan in your world?

http://www.atemi-ryu.com

PeterR
10-16-2001, 08:25 AM
I don't particularily follow who has high Dan ranks within the JAA - there are several that have been kicking around for quite a while. However, I know of only one JAA sixth dan, who is non-Japanese, who resides in the US, and who is still a member of the organization and he ain't it.

Kami
10-16-2001, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Erik
10TH Dan Aikijudokan School Of Aikido
8TH Dan Aikido United States Karate Association
6TH Dan Japanese Aikido Association
Ok, what is the aikijudokan school of Aikido? When did the USKA start issuing Aikido ranks? Hey, Tomiki folks, is this guy really a 6th dan in your world?
http://www.atemi-ryu.com

KAMI : And don't forget many guys from the USMAA, the people at Jukokai, and the people from Black Sword Aikido...:rolleyes:
All in all, not everyone who claims to be a 10th Dan (or a 1st Dan) is deserving of it. And who's deserving? It depends on many things : who's talking, what are the criteria, community acknowledgement, etc...
Anyway,since you admit you don't know very much, we all should study a bit more to be able to criticize, don't you think so? :)
Best

Kami
10-16-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Erik
[i]10TH Dan Aikijudokan School Of Aikido
Ok, what is the aikijudokan school of Aikido?
http://www.atemi-ryu.com

KAMI : OK, Eric, I repent...Hey, I looked at their site and it's all explained nicely there : it's a modern "art! created by a guy who is a veritable encyclopedia of martial arts.
Really, you should all really take a look!
Unbelievable!
Best

L. Camejo
10-16-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Kami


KAMI : OK, Eric, I repent...Hey, I looked at their site and it's all explained nicely there : it's a modern "art! created by a guy who is a veritable encyclopedia of martial arts.
Really, you should all really take a look!
Unbelievable!
Best

My sentiments exactly:)

And so humble too, as I quote:

"Philip Chenique is the creator and founder of the Atemi Ryu Ju-Jitsu and Chendokan Aikido systems."

Chenique.... Chendokan???? If nothing else, they are extremely humble, aren't they?:D.

I wonder what they would think of Tomiki calling his Aikido style Shodokan (http://homepage2.nifty.com/shodokan/shihan/kosyo_e.html) for humility's sake? After all, the guy does have a 6th Dan from the JAA.

L.C.:ai::ki:

deepsoup
10-16-2001, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by PeterR
I don't particularily follow who has high Dan ranks within the JAA - there are several that have been kicking around for quite a while. However, I know of only one JAA sixth dan, who is non-Japanese, who resides in the US, and who is still a member of the organization and he ain't it.


For me it reflects on his (Mr Chenique's) credibility that he also hints he's a Shihan of the JAA. The JAA has only two Shihans, they're both japanese, both based in Japan, and Mr Chenique most definitely is not one of them.

Sean
x

Karl Kuhn
10-17-2001, 09:40 AM
I checked with JAA USA board members and they have not heard of this guy. He is not affiliated witht the JAA USA and his claim of 6th dan is suspect, to say the least.

Karl

mj
10-17-2001, 01:01 PM
Nyaaah.
I've seen worse.

Liz Baron
10-17-2001, 08:54 PM
I noticed "Neko Do Martial Arts association"

Um... "Way of the Cat...?"

Is this one that I missed?

:confused:


Liz