PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Conventions

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Erik
10-15-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Kami

KAMI : I'm LOST...:)) Which Hombu? :confused:

Stop that "KAMI:" stuff!

It's making me crazy. I often find myself reading your posts and trying to figure out if you are writing this or quoting some KAMI guy. We know when you are writing and when you are quoting someone because you quoted them.

My anal-retentive half is having nightmares over this. :)

Kami
10-15-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Erik
Stop that "KAMI:" stuff!
It's making me crazy. I often find myself reading your posts and trying to figure out if you are writing this or quoting some KAMI guy. We know when you are writing and when you are quoting someone because you quoted them.
My anal-retentive half is having nightmares over this. :)

KAMI : Sorry, I did not understand you. There's only one Kami on this list. What's troubling you anal-retentive half?:confused:
Teach me and I'll try to improve my writing :D
Peace :ai:

PeterR
10-15-2001, 02:55 PM
Hi Ubaldo;

I think he was referring to you putting KAMI: in front of everything you write even though you use the quote and bold commands for everything other people have written. A throwback to the times when you didn't use those commands - I remember those dark days.

I guess its sort of like wearing both a belt and suspenders at the same time.

I can live with it - but I see where it could be annoying. It reads in English as if you are quoting yourself as a third party which is sometimes used by the pompous to make themselves sound important. ;)

Peter is hungry instead of I am hungry.

Erik - give Ubaldo a break - he's come a long way baby.

Erik
10-15-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by PeterR
Erik - give Ubaldo a break - he's come a long way baby.

Fair enough, I can be a bit acerbic at times. You nailed what I was referring to.

Ubaldo, sometimes I just like things a certain way, my way, and the Kami: was bugging me this morning. Just ignore me like most sane people do.

And for your viewing pleasure the definition of anal-retentive:

Indicating personality traits, such as meticulousness, avarice, and obstinacy, originating in habits, attitudes, or values associated with infantile pleasure in retention of feces.

I don't think I'll ever use that word again because I find no pleasure in constipation. Americans, we even corrupt our own language.

Jim23
10-15-2001, 05:32 PM

Ubaldo, sometimes I just like things a certain way, my way, and the Kami: was bugging me this morning. Just ignore me like most sane people do.

JIM: Erik, I agree, it was driving me batty too.

JIM: What I do recommend, however, is using the other person's name after they've finished, so that you know that it's your turn to respond. You know, like they do on CNN. Erik?:p

Maybe not.

Just ignore me like most sane people do.

Should I have ignored this?

Jim23

Erik
10-15-2001, 06:19 PM

Just ignore me like most sane people do.

Hmmmmm, made it worse. Sorry about that Ubaldo.

BC
10-16-2001, 09:29 AM
BC: BC thinks this is a silly thread. ;)

deepsoup
10-16-2001, 03:50 PM

Americans, we even corrupt our own language.

Whose language?
Americans, next thing you know, they'll be claiming they invented apple pie! :p

Sean
x

PeterR
10-16-2001, 05:28 PM
And basketball - cheeky little devils

Originally posted by deepsoup

Whose language?
Americans, next thing you know, they'll be claiming they invented apple pie! :p

Sean
x

Kami
10-17-2001, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by PeterR
Hi Ubaldo;
I think he was referring to you putting KAMI: in front of everything you write even though you use the quote and bold commands for everything other people have written. A throwback to the times when you didn't use those commands - I remember those dark days."

Peter San, you're even more anal-retentive than Erik!:p (See, I didn't use the KAMI thing...)
NOW, I think I understand what Erik means. I'll try to eliminate the despicable KAMI, from now on.
And I agree with BC, this is becoming quite a silly thread...:eek:
Best to you all

mj
10-17-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Kami

I'll try to eliminate the despicable KAMI...

Oh COOL:cool:
An exorsism
Can Mark watch?

Erik
10-19-2001, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by mj
Oh COOL:cool:
An exorsism
Can Mark watch?

Those are hard to come by but this guy did the next best thing.

http://www.salon.com/books/int/2001/10/16/exorcism/index.html

mj
10-19-2001, 01:30 PM
FOCL :D