PDA

View Full Version : Hunky Actors

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Cady Goldfield
03-28-2007, 08:53 AM
"Tonto" in real-life was a talented actor (occasionally getting roles that didn't require him to use a heavy, fake "Native" accent), boxer and wrestler. And a total hunk. :D
http://nimst.tripod.com/cgi-bin/UC9.html

Ron Tisdale
03-28-2007, 09:10 AM
For what its worth, http://www.old-time.com/misc/kemo.html

Hi Robert, I was just referring to an old Johnny Carson skit...it was a riot!

B,
R :D

Josh Reyer
03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
"Tonto" in real-life was a talented actor (occasionally getting roles that didn't require him to use a heavy, fake "Native" accent), boxer and wrestler. And a total hunk. :D
http://nimst.tripod.com/cgi-bin/UC9.html
You know who was a real underrated hunk (I say as a straight man)? Toshiro Mifune. Everyone thinks of him as the scruffy Kikuchiyo from Seven Samurai, or as the scruffy Sanjuro from Yojimbo. Or when he was older in Shogun. But dude was handsome as all hell when he cleaned up. Do a Google image search, and if your only image of him is from the above mentioned movies, you may be surprised.

Mike Sigman
03-28-2007, 10:47 AM
"Tonto" in real-life was a talented actor Don't get me wrong, I liked Jay Silverheels, but as an actor he was a wooden Indian. Then again, Indians often tend to be sort of wooden-acting because that's a cultural thing with a lot of them, so maybe.... Hmmm. Oh, never mind.

Mike

Ron Tisdale
03-28-2007, 10:55 AM
This is usually where Jun steps in and asks us to keep it on topic :D So in advance...

Sorry Jun, my bad! :)

Best,
Ron

Cady Goldfield
03-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh great. I get my "own" thread and thread title... :p It's not all your fault, Ron! :D

Mike, cultural demeanor may have been part of the reason for the "wooden" performances. Even more, that's how the parts were probably written, the screenwriters being Hollywood types vested in cultural stereotypes such as "inscrutible" Asians, "emotional" Italians, Jews and Greeks and "stoic" Native Americans/Indians. They are even depicted thus in the animated cartoons of the 1930s and '40s.

Cady Goldfield
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
You know who was a real underrated hunk (I say as a straight man)? Toshiro Mifune. Everyone thinks of him as the scruffy Kikuchiyo from Seven Samurai, or as the scruffy Sanjuro from Yojimbo. Or when he was older in Shogun. But dude was handsome as all hell when he cleaned up. Do a Google image search, and if your only image of him is from the above mentioned movies, you may be surprised.

He was a hunk, fer sher. Now we have Ken Watanabe, who is quite hunkesque too, providing a new generation of hunkdom for Japanese and international cinema.

Ron Tisdale
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Yikes! Cady, you slay me...do you have any other derivations of the word *hunk*???

Best,
Ron :D

Cady Goldfield
03-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, having met you, I would add "hunkster" to the collection. :D

Ron Tisdale
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL...I am SO glad this got moved to open discussions! :blush:

B,
R (you are such a sweetie!)

Luc X Saroufim
03-28-2007, 09:14 PM
i like the new James Bond guy. way less fruity than Pierce, who was the worst Bond IMO.

Cady Goldfield
03-29-2007, 09:34 AM
i like the new James Bond guy.

Luc, with all due respect, dude --- Ewwwww. :crazy:
The guys looks like Vladimir Putin, fer pete sake.:yuck:

hapkidoike
03-29-2007, 06:05 PM
What do you guys think about Choi Min Sik, the guy that played Oh Dae Su in Old Boy. I think if I were a woman I would think he is a decent looking guy, although he is kind of old he comes off as a super tough s.o.b. in that movie. Oh yeah, and if you havent seen that film you should check it out, it rocks.

Luc, with all due respect, dude --- Ewwwww. :crazy:
The guys looks like Vladimir Putin, fer pete sake.:yuck:

What gives, I thought all ex-KGB were viewed as sexy men.

Janet Rosen
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
One of the great sorrows of my life is that Robert Mitchum was at his prime the year I was born :-(

BC
03-30-2007, 09:14 PM
You ladies seem to have totally forgotten about Marty Feldman.

Roowwrrr!

Cady Goldfield
03-31-2007, 06:35 AM
You're right. I'm a sucker for bug-eyes. :D

Mike Sigman
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh great. I get my "own" thread and thread title... :p It's not all your fault, Ron! :D

Mike, cultural demeanor may have been part of the reason for the "wooden" performances. Yeah, well.... I thought he was an "actor", not a "portrayer of cultural demeanor", right??? ;)

I had to laugh when he opened the "Jay Silverheels School of Acting". It would be like me opening the "Mike Sigman School of Diplomacy". Of course, I would like to have some naif like you defending my honor, etc..... :D

Mike

Cady Goldfield
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I had to laugh when he opened the "Jay Silverheels School of Acting". It would be like me opening the "Mike Sigman School of Diplomacy". Of course, I would like to have some naif like you defending my honor, etc..... :D

Not so much that I'm a naif as that I just have a soft spot for lost causes. ;)

Mike Sigman
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Not so much that I'm a naif as that I just have a soft spot for lost causes. ;)That's one definition of "naif", tho....

Cady Goldfield
04-01-2007, 07:58 PM
That's one definition of "naif", tho....

Ah, I see. Well, I have to get back onto the turnip truck I fell offa yesterday... :rolleyes: :p

Mike Sigman
04-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Ah, I see. Well, I have to get back onto the turnip truck I fell offa yesterday... :rolleyes: ;)