PDA

View Full Version : Question: Hombu Dojo

Please visit our sponsor:

Ghost Fox
10-15-2001, 11:41 AM
I will be visiting the Hombu Dojo Next month.

Does anybody know of any inexpensive (cheap) hotels in Shinjuku?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kami
10-15-2001, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Fox

KAMI : I'm LOST...:)) Which Hombu? :confused:

KAMI : There are none, unless you look for a Youth Hostel (When I was in Japan, some years ago, there was one in Shinjuku, I think...). They're not very confortable but they're less expensive...Nothing in Japan is cheap, except strolling in the parks...;)

KAMI : Sorry I couldn't help you more.
Best

Chris Li
10-15-2001, 05:28 PM

Off the top of my head - you could try Kimi Ryokan at <http://www2.dango.ne.jp/kimi/ryokan.html>. It's in Ikebukuro, but that's close to Shinjuku. You could also try the youth hostels in Tokyo (don't have any prices, but they're fairly cheap). There are a lot of other cheap places for basic accomodation, but you have to look around, and most of the really cheap places won't have any English language capability.

Best,

Chris

BC
10-16-2001, 08:35 AM
I recently read an article by Dan Nishina, one of Hiroshi Ikeda Sensei's students, who is currently living near Aikikai Hombu Dojo. He recommends staying near Takadanobaba Station. Check our the following link, where Mr. Nishina offers his contact information (at the end of the article) for help on finding a place to stay near Hombu Dojo:

http://www.bujindesign.com/newsletter/2000.11.vol10/reviews.shtml

Good luck! I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who is a little envious of your upcoming trip!

Regards,