PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Philippines!

Please visit our sponsor:

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Hello everyone! I'm from the Philippines and just wanted to say "hi".

I'm new to this forum, so please go easy on me. :)

asiawide
03-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Mabuhay! Good luck to your aikido! :)

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Hi Jaemin Yu! Thanks!

I hope you don't mind me asking... where is the great place to hang out here in the Forums? :)

akiy
03-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Aldwin,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Larry Cuvin
03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey Aldwin,
Kumusta? This is a good place to hang out. You'll find a lot of "Lively" discussions here. Where in Manila do you train?

Larry

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you for the very warm welcome.

I train under the teachings of Ernesto Talag Sensei at the SM Megamall 5th floor at AAK Dojo in Mandaluyong City, and sometimes at Dojo Metrolane Complex in Quezon City.

Larry Cuvin
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Aldwin,
I had the opportunity to train with Talag sensei at the SM Megamall once maybe two years ago. I even bought two gorgeous bokken and a VCD from him. I don't know if he would still remember but please send my warmest regards to him when you see him. I don't know when I'll be able to go home on vacation and visit and train with hiyou guys.

Thanks,
Larry

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I had the opportunity to train with Talag sensei at the SM Megamall once maybe two years ago.

Really? Wow! Was that at Excel?

I'll definitely send your warmest regards. I'm sure he'll remember, he has a very good memory.

We're planning to write an article about him saying something about his history in aikido so we can post it on the net. Most of his colleagues have their own infos online but there aren't any as of yet for him.

Larry Cuvin
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I know he's one of the few Filipino aikidoka that Tohei sensei trained. I found his name after searching ki aikido in the Philippines. I also found his name in William Reed sensei's book as a ki aikido instructor.

Anyway, the place I trained in Mega Mall is in the 4th or 5th floor. The rest of the family went shopping and I went to train. Can't wait to do it again.

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Yes, that's on the 5th floor... that's where I started out. But we moved to a different dojo, still on Megamall... just on the other building.

Talag Sensei would be very glad to hear that one of his students who once trained under him still remembers him. :)

By the way, would it be alright to post a picture here or do we have a specific thread for posting pictures?

CitoMaramba
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Aldwin, pakisabi na rin kay Talag Sensei na nangungumusta rin ako sa kanya. Maraming Salamat po!

Please convey my warmest regards to Talag Sensei. Thank you very much!

Cito

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Cito, I'll be very happy to. :)

Aldwin Pagdanganan
03-28-2007, 09:12 PM
The pictures were taken during KIAI's 7th anniversary,last January 2006