PDA

View Full Version : Guys with pregnant wives

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Tony Hudspith
03-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi all
Has anyone here had the same experience as me? The situation is as follows.
There's a guy in my class called "L**" who we'll just call Sexy Boy for the purpose of this thread to protect the innocent. He was the most laid back guy I know. If he could've done Aikido lying down he would have done as he was almost horizontal. However, his wife (who also does Aikido) has now fallen pregnant. (Can the guilty party please step forward!?!?)
We had a special weapons training night and Sexy Boy has now, overnight, become so uptight and tense we had to prise his fingers off the jo and bokkens with a crow bar he was gripping them so hard.:grr:
Is this a one off or are there others out there who are like Sexy Boy and uptight about the impending patter of tiny zori sandals?
For all who know Sexy Boy you know how transformed he is.

Tony

miratim
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, it happens. I had a real hard time with kokyu exercises for the duration of the pregnancy. It'll pass, but it may take the full 10 months :).

mut
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
as long as sexy boy keeps wearing his funky underpants he will be ok.........maybe you should put the jo..? then you can call him sexy boy the loly pop...it might help

James Davis
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi all
Has anyone here had the same experience as me? The situation is as follows.
There's a guy in my class called "L**" who we'll just call Sexy Boy for the purpose of this thread to protect the innocent. He was the most laid back guy I know. If he could've done Aikido lying down he would have done as he was almost horizontal. However, his wife (who also does Aikido) has now fallen pregnant. (Can the guilty party please step forward!?!?)
We had a special weapons training night and Sexy Boy has now, overnight, become so uptight and tense we had to prise his fingers off the jo and bokkens with a crow bar he was gripping them so hard.:grr:
Is this a one off or are there others out there who are like Sexy Boy and uptight about the impending patter of tiny zori sandals?
For all who know Sexy Boy you know how transformed he is.

Tony

The birthing process, his wife's health, paying for medical care, and impending fatherhood are all probably weighing pretty heavily on "Sexy boy's" mind...

but if you think he's uptight now, just wait until he's a dad.;)

giriasis
03-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, wait for his sleepless nights. Then he's really going to get crabby.

robert weatherall
03-27-2007, 08:21 AM
It's done wonders for sexy boy's aikido though.

Lee Mulgrew
03-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi sexy boy here! (there is a long story involving a japanese chef behind the nickname, dont ask!):blush:
I dont know what to say. tony's right, I am all stiff. funny really, cos thats what got me into this mess in the first place!

Larry Cuvin
03-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Just try to relax and know in the end, everything will be alright. Congrats. Your first?

MikeE
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
My wife is pregnant now (with number 2). She is a shodan in Aikido and is fairly scary with her hormonally enhanced aikido.

I was a wreck on the first one. Scared as could be. I like to think I'm handling this pregnancy better since I know the joys of being a dad.

Life is change. Sexy boy sounds like he is running head first into a randori that he doesn't have any idea how to handle. He'll calm down....eventually.

Rigel Keffer
03-28-2007, 09:33 AM
hormonally enhanced aikido

Oh, this is a simply brilliant phrase.

James Davis
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM
tony's right, I am all stiff. funny really, cos thats what got me into this mess in the first place!

:rolleyes:

Lee Mulgrew
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Just try to relax and know in the end, everything will be alright. Congrats. Your first?

it is indeed. you can tell by the wide eyed look of terror that adorns my face 24/7! :eek: :eek: :D