PDA

View Full Version : Wind and Thunder!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Tony Wagstaffe
03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
How may of you out there have been in the embarrasing but also hilarious situation when maybe applying a fast and furious waza or taking ukemi that you have accidently blasted out a very audible explosion between the legs and have had the whole dojo in stitches:o :eek: :D and then have had everyone running away from you to escape the fallout!!

Cady Goldfield
03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh, come on now, Mr. Wagstaffe. We all know that there isn't a soul here who hasn't had that happen during a rank test, or at least some other moment when the dojo was silent and all eyes were on him or her. :D

Tony Wagstaffe
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh, come on now, Mr. Wagstaffe. We all know that there isn't a soul here who hasn't had that happen during a rank test, or at least some other moment when the dojo was silent and all eyes were on him or her. :D

Please, call me Tony :D :D :D precisely!!

Tony Wagstaffe
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Even the examiners had a hard time containing themselves!!
and as I remember my sensei Mike Tracey 5th Dan B.A.A. saying "Do you feel better now Tony..... do you need to go anywhere?" with a big grin on his face!!

Hebrew Hammer
03-17-2007, 01:49 PM
:) I don't which is worse...the fact that they knew you or if you were a noob making a big first impression! I once read the top ten lies ever told in a gym in Muscle and Fitness magazine...and the #1 lie is 'no I didn't fart!'

guest94283
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
That would be so embarrasing :o :o :o
I would be nervous enough taking a grading, without "letting one rip". But if I did I would die :freaky:

raul rodrigo
03-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Part of the point of wearing the hakama is it helps you muffle the sound.

CitoMaramba
03-18-2007, 07:10 AM

Shodothugs don't wear hakama...

Cady Goldfield
03-18-2007, 07:38 AM

That's why one should make the back-tie under the hakama into a big, fat knot right over the derriere!

Kane, sorry to have to tell you, but it's just a matter of time before this happens to you. Maybe you should just walk out into the middle of the dojo tomorrow and let one rip -- just to get it over with. :D

raul rodrigo
03-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Shodothugs don't wear hakama...

Also it helps trap the smell, Cito.

Marc Abrams
03-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Cady:

With all of the talk surrounding "internal power" why would you want to plug an important source of "internal power." I say "LET IT RIP!"

It's a combination between jet propulsion behind the technique and that extra "boom" that creates real distance between you and your attacker (that is of course unless the attacker is nasally challenged).

:D

Marc Abrams

Rigel Keffer
03-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Don't EVEN get me started on how thoroughly inconvenient it is for women that gi pants are white. :freaky: evileyes Yet another reason I aspire to someday get to wear a hakama --- dark fabric coverage just in case!

guest94283
03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Kane, sorry to have to tell you, but it's just a matter of time before this happens to you. Maybe you should just walk out into the middle of the dojo tomorrow and let one rip -- just to get it over with. :D

Eek!:eek:

Tony Wagstaffe
03-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Keep 'em coming everyone!! enjoying and having a good laugh at the response!!
Thought this would cause a bit of a rumble and we are all subject to it..... look at the stories about the great Rev Onisaburo Deguchi..... seems he was a past master at it!!:D :D :eek:

Jane
03-20-2007, 01:09 PM
We were doing breakfalls from the sitting position with the ken. On coming back to the seated position, we were supposed to cut with shomen uchi.
The sensei kept on saying: " I don't hear anything! What do you have in your hands, a bokken or a bistouri?... Tighten your muscles when rolling back! I wanna hear some noise!"
... it was then that it happened.
A loud prrroout!
The whole bunch of visitors started to laugh, along with some of the students. talk about embarassment!
Sensei saved the situation by saying:
"this is a natural behavior of the body so what are you laughing at? you've done this countless times so... now, let me hear some noise, some different noise, ok?"
And we went back to practice.

Kampfussel
03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
it happens all the time, got caught out just last night whilst being used as uke to demonstrate 2 the class, i just made my breakfalls extra loud to hide the fact...i think i got away with it ;-)

Michael Meister
03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
it happens all the time, got caught out just last night whilst being used as uke to demonstrate 2 the class, i just made my breakfalls extra loud to hide the fact...i think i got away with it ;-)

You know, it's just reverse kokyu! Most people let it go to waste though :D

Cady Goldfield
03-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Noise, you can cover up. But the tell-tale aroma of rarified methane...no such luck. The "con trail" is a dead giveaway. :D

Budd
03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
I consider them to be an effective combination of kiai and atemi.

Beard of Chuck Norris
03-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Did one yesterday! :) :)

I guess it showed how relaxed i was ;)

Nothing could be done: i was thrown, body was compressed and out came a little air biscuit.

Tony Wagstaffe
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Did one yesterday! :) :)

I guess it showed how relaxed i was ;)

Nothing could be done: i was thrown, body was compressed and out came a little air biscuit.

Air biscuit... like that one.... never heard it called that before!:D

Its a thought you know we could all start up a new m.a.
5th kyu fluff 4th kyu whaft 3rd kyu whiff 2nd kyu bum blaster
1st kyu air biscuit 1st Dan S.B.D. (silent but deadly)
Over to you lot for anything after that:eek: :crazy:

Beard of Chuck Norris
03-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Air biscuit... like that one.... never heard it called that before!:D

Its a thought you know we could all start up a new m.a.
5th kyu fluff 4th kyu whaft 3rd kyu whiff 2nd kyu bum blaster
1st kyu air biscuit 1st Dan S.B.D. (silent but deadly)
Over to you lot for anything after that:eek: :crazy:

Finally a M.A. that I can truely profess to being a master of!
10th Dan: farting without farting

Newcomers to onarado; beware of sharting!!

peace and love

jo