PDA

View Full Version : Internatational Fight League

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Rod Yabut
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.ifl.tv/Event-LA.html

Now I've seen it all....:hypno:

Oops...sorry for misspelling on the header.

Roman Kremianski
02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
It needs some live animals in there to make it even more interesting. I say put 4 fighters + lion + 2 giraffes in the ring and see how it goes.

Kevin Leavitt
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Is there a problem with this? It is a team sport like any other sport, that happens to revolve around Martial Arts.

Rod Yabut
02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Is there a problem with this? It is a team sport like any other sport, that happens to revolve around Martial Arts.

No problem!? I was a big fan of UFC in its early stages, for some reason and I can't put a finger on it, its not been as appealing since. And this doesn't contribute to revitalizing my interest in it. I think the commercialization of it that turns me off.

Kevin Leavitt
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I see. I agree. I can watch the UFC 2 over and over again, however, I do watch the "new generation", and there is much to learn, but with all the rules and the guys learning to exploit them, and the level of effectiveness/efficiency in tactics constantly improving it misses that raw edge for sure.

Same thing happened to NASCAR with me. I love racing on the grassroots level, but once you have all the rules and eliminate all the possible variables except driver skill and it becomes such a science, it loses the joy.

I do cringe at the early years though as the inexperiences of Big John McCarthy, the disparity of the fighters in many cases made for some very dangerous and unnecessary situations.

I think though that it still serves to be a cutting edge sport that we can learn from in many ways.

Your right though, it has lost its Je ne sais quoi! c'est la vie!

Budd
03-02-2007, 07:20 AM
I dunno, I still have "DAMN" moments . . . . I recall the last Andre Arlovski fight where the other guy was primarily a grappler. They ended up in a position where they were both going for leg locks and something happened where the ref had to temporarily halt the action. He restarted them from the same position and you could see that they were initially going to continue trying for leg locks.

You could literally see Arlovski think "Screw this!" and he leaned him and popped the other guy, who was still frantically trying to get a foot lock or heel hook. The other guy was unconsicous before his head hit the mat.