PDA

View Full Version : nikyo

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

petermoynihan
02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
could someone kindly run through nikyo for me , thanks ,

PhilMyKi
02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
In what way?!?

justin
02-24-2007, 05:50 AM
omote, ura ? which attack, as phillip said in what way

Tim Gerrard
02-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Grab arm.
Trap hand, and fold other hand over the top.
Hurt arm.

Simple enough? ;)

wayneth
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
The best way is to ask your instructor to demonstrate it, much easier than trying to read and think about it, and then try to do it.

aikidoc
02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
From the aikwiki section on this site: http://www.aikiweb.com/wiki/nikyo

charyuop
02-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Only thing I can tell you is that....it hurts as hell!!!! I prefere go under a Sankyo 1000000 times more than a nikyo.

Dirk Hanss
02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Your instructor is best choice.

but you could also ask Stefan Stenudd http://www.aikibatto.com/aikido/video/stenudd_aikido_shomenate-nikyo-ura.wmv

And try to find more. These are seminar videos. He has also some kihon waza instructional videaos, but I guess, no nikyo yet.

Best regards

Dirk

Ron Tisdale
02-26-2007, 10:51 AM
There are four topics and links listed on the bottom of this page on related threads. Some of them seem to be pretty detailed...why not give them a whirl and then come back and ask specific questions (providing the appropriate quotes) if those don't answer your inquiry?

Best,
Ron

mjhacker
03-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Only thing I can tell you is that....it hurts as hell!!!!

Mine doesn't. :-)

charyuop
03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Yea mine doesn't hurt either...but the difference is that I am sure yours is actually effective, mine isn't LOL. Sensei keeps telling me you need to learn this technique, but everytime I get in the final position I twist, press, push...sempai just stays there waiting like saying "so are you gonna finish it or not?" hee hee.

mjhacker
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Sensei keeps telling me you need to learn this technique, but everytime I get in the final position I twist, press, push...sempai just stays there waiting like saying "so are you gonna finish it or not?" hee hee.

Instead of doing it TO uke, see if you can figure out a way to entice your partner into doing it to himself.

Mato-san
04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
My thoughts are that many people try to go down with the nikkyo when you should focus on compressing it rather than twisting and going down.....hard to put into words but I will have a go.... take kate grab as you pull him back into you...already you should establish a nice smooth wrist to shoulder with a bit of a shoulder turn and then compress the forearm as if it was a flat object like a length of timber ...if you are tall go over the arm if you are shorter go under....like I said words cheapen it....this has definately been one of my most challenging waza but now I really dig it....took a while

Mato-san
04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Compress don`t fight down with it

Mato-san
04-14-2007, 10:06 AM
again many ways to approach the technique.... all the best

batemanb
04-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Instead of doing it TO uke, see if you can figure out a way to entice your partner into doing it to himself.

Absolutely

PhilMyKi
04-15-2007, 05:21 AM
I know your avatar is not nikyo, but how were you enticed into that position again?!? :D (I don't want it demonstrated ad nausium when you return - hope you are having a great time)

batemanb
04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
I know your avatar is not nikyo, but how were you enticed into that position again?!? :D (I don't want it demonstrated ad nausium when you return - hope you are having a great time)

I`ll show you when I get back :D

I was "lucky" enough to be on the end of about 10 of them just yesterday as I uke`d for sensei when he was teaching it during morning keiko :(.