PDA

View Full Version : jason aull from aiken SC

Please visit our sponsor:

jasonaull
02-14-2007, 08:07 PM
hi my name is Jason Aull I lived in lexington SC for a couple of years where I took the aikikai from Lamar Sanders 3rd dan for about 9 months. For a year or so now I have been living in Aiken SC trying to take seidokan from Doug Wedell seidokan 6th dan. I can't get there but once or twice a month if that but when I do It's pretty :cool: . Doug is a very good instructor. I have high functioning autism or aspergers. Aikido in general has helped me a lot with sensory issues and social anxiety. Lamar seemed to learn a repetitive (work your butt off) technique, technique, technique... sweat till you drop and when your finally ready to pass out you finally begin to relax and THEN you finally do it right Aikido. It wasnt long with Lamar that I began to long for a more gentle Aikido and Doug gave it to me. There is one thing I miss from Lamar, NIKKYO. When Lamar gives you nikkyo he will pull you forward off balance to where you fall with most of you body weight into the nikkyo for a fuuuuuuuull streeeeeeeeetch. For a fraction of a second it hurts like hell but when its all over the endorfins in your head give you that rested feeling and your arm feels so good and stretched (usually for the rest of the night). I still give myself the old thumb over bottom of pinky nikkyo just for a good stretch. Doug teaches the all thumbs under nikkyo in his aiki taiso. I found this website that teaches you all thumbs under nikkyo www.bodymindandmodem.com/KiEx/KiEx.html the website tells you not to over do it because if it is done the way they explain it its a pretty pinch :uch: . I guess you could say that I like talking about Aikido especially the more gentle gracefull forms that extend into the ki aikido. I have never been to a Shin Shin Toitsu or official ki aikido class but I hope to one day, I have heard good things about ki aikido. From what I understand Kobayashi studied the ki aikido. Doug tells us about Kobayashi from time to time. Kobayashi left a great legacy to all his dedicated students and doug feels a great responsibility to pass it on. There is an aikikai dojo near aiken in Augusta but I am weary of rigors of the aikikai. There is also a ki aikido dojo in Greenville SC but it is too far away for my parents. If there was someone in the aiken SC area that wanted to get me to seidokan in columbia or let me try out the ki aikido in Greenville that would be great :D . I guess this is a good enough introduction.

Jason Aull

:ki: ;)

akiy
02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun