PDA

View Full Version : Many greetings!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Freerefill
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi! My name is Mark and I recently stumbled upon this forum. Being a man who thinks that laughter is the only necessary medicine, I went right into the Humor section and read the entire thing front to back. Needless to say, I was hooked.

I'm a student at Clarkson University and I train with the North Country Aikido Club under Leslie-sensei, an affiliation of the Aikido Schools of Ueshiba, or ASU. I recently (yesterday) recieved my 6th Kyu certificate and my ASU membership card, so I can proudly say that I'm a card carrying Aikidoka :D.

I love Aikido because of the teachings which focus little on perfection of movement and technique and more on strengthening of spirit. Such a focus naturally brings together people who are eager to further their understanding of the universe, as well as their harmony with it and their love and respect for all the wonderful, joyous things in life. You simply can't ask for a better family.

I look forward to continuing my training with all of you.

*bows* onegaishimasu.

akiy
01-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

RoyK
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I love Aikido because of the teachings which focus little on perfection of movement and technique and more on strengthening of spirit.

Hi Mark!
Just a comment, the teaching style you describe is not omnipresent as far as I know. My main instructor, for example, is VERY meticulous on everything from a good stance, through precise motion to exact techniques.
It can be very frustrating at times (like, every time), but I find that this quest for perfection is a big part of the spiritual lesson given to me through Aikido. I try to apply this lesson to all parts of my life and for me, that's budo.

I'm a 4th kyu, by the way, not that far down the road from where you are, so I might be completely wrong here :)

tenshinaikidoka
01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Greetings Mark!! Hope you enjoy the site and may you continue to train!!!