PDA

View Full Version : Hiroshi Ikeda Spring Seminar at Chicago

Please visit our sponsor:

Mike Hamer
01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
My Sensei sent me an e-mail today telling me about a chance to get some really good training in Chicago. The seminar is three day's long and it costs $100, but I really think it would be worth the trip. Is anybody else going that's reading this?

More info here (http://www.chicagoaikikai.org/seminars.html)

SeiserL
01-19-2007, 06:08 AM
IMHO, Hiroshi Ikeda is always worth the drive.
One of the very best today.
He knows his Aiki and can teach it.
A true master and gentleman.

Mike Hamer
01-19-2007, 04:12 PM
It ought to be enlightning eh?

SeiserL
01-20-2007, 06:33 AM
It ought to be enlightning eh?
Always has been for me. Each time I see a little more. Okay, very little, but more. I catch him everytime I can and have never been disappointed.

Amendes
01-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Always has been for me. Each time I see a little more. Okay, very little, but more. I catch him everytime I can and have never been disappointed.

Smashing! I am going to fly to Denver and see him at his Dojo when he returns to Boulder. :-)

SeiserL
01-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Smashing! I am going to fly to Denver and see him at his Dojo when he returns to Boulder. :-)
Look up our host, Jun, while you are there.

Michael Young
01-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Ikeda Sensei travels quite a bit, so you might want to make sure he is actually going to be in Boulder when you show up. Of course his senior students are fantastic instructors in their own right, and you won't go wrong training there anytime.

Amendes
01-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Ikeda Sensei travels quite a bit, so you might want to make sure he is actually going to be in Boulder when you show up. Of course his senior students are fantastic instructors in their own right, and you won't go wrong training there anytime.

:-) I called first, and I talked to Ben, he said they will be there and to make sure to see the Wednsday class as its the special class Ikeda Sensei teaches.

Also is Jun from there?

Mike Hamer
01-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Ive been to a Taijutsu seminar and a Modern Arnis seminar, but never have I gotten the chance for an Aikido seminar.....three days long at that! They said visiting aikidoka could stay in the dojo for free.....ow does that work?

Mike Hamer
02-02-2007, 02:46 AM
I mean how does that work....

SeiserL
02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
I mean how does that work....
You would have to ask your host.

Mike Hamer
02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Yikes, its coming up here fast and I havent even sent in a registration form yet! I hope it's not "sold out!"

Mike Hamer
02-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Hurrah, I'm going now for sure! I asked about staying there and they said bring pillows because it will just be the open mat to sleep on.....this is going to be the most fun ever! I wonder if there will be normal classes going on in between the seminar classes? If so I could be looking at 3 days of non stop training! Well four if you count that I have my regular class on Thursday!

Mike Hamer
03-05-2007, 02:59 AM
It was a great seminar, pics coming soon! His focus was about connecting centers.