PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, All

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ARWilson
01-09-2007, 11:10 PM
It's an honor to be received here, and I humbly beg your indulgence, as I am not currently an aikidoka. I am, at present, located in Memphis, TN and have the pleasure to study kendo, iaido, and judo with Harry Dach sensei. Aikido is a Way I've long been interested in, but have been unable to pursue due mostly to time constraints.

However, in the near future I will be relocating to New Orleans. I'm happy about the move, but my happiness is tempered by having to leave my kendo and judo clubs behind.

In researching the budo available in New Orleans, I've discovered a strong aikido presence and am hoping to begin study there. I look forward to getting to know you all and getting to know aikido.

-Adam-

akiy
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Adam,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

FiuzA
01-10-2007, 11:32 AM
glad you'll be meeting with aikido :)

welcome!

aikidoc
01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi Adam:

I know Harry, at least I used to, from when I lived and trained in Memphis. THere is Memphis Aikikai there with my friend Gary Chase, yondan. They have classes 6 days a week. Good group of people. THey are located on Mendenhal -at least they used to be. Took a bokken seminar once with Harry while I was there.

ARWilson
01-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Hai hai, I know Gary Chase, he and I practice tameshigiri with the same group, from time to time, and my judo clubs practices at the Aikikai. Nice guy, all around.

Was that the last bokken seminar Harry did, couple summer's ago? That was right when I started training. I'd been with him a few of months, but couldn't make the seminar.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome.

-Adam-

aikidoc
01-11-2007, 05:42 AM
No, I've been gone from Memphis since December 1997.