PDA

View Full Version : Portuguese practitioner says hello

Please visit our sponsor:

FiuzA
01-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi! My name is André, i'm 19 years old and i practice aikido in Portugal since 1996 (yes, i was kinda little when i began.. ;) )

I registered here since i'm looking forward to learn new things, and re-learn old things with all you :)

Thank you!

André

akiy
01-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Andre,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Kevin Leavitt
01-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome. I do not speak Portuguese very well, but I am trafveling to Lisbon in two weeks to compete in the European Brazillian Jiujitsu Championship and looking forward to being in your country!

Obrigato!

FiuzA
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
thank you for your responses ;)

Kevin, that's great. Hope you enjoy your stay at Lisbon, don't forget to check the downtown! :p

Good luck to your competition! Didn't know that such a competition was taking place in Lisbon.

It's obrigado, with a D :)

Danka!

Kevin Leavitt
01-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Andre,

On that note, what should I see in Lisbon, I know nothing about it, and have very limited time. Downtown?

Opps sorry about that! (obrigado) probably confused it with arigato!

It's Danke with an E :) (couldn't resist) bien!

FiuzA
01-06-2007, 06:43 AM
hehe, i made my mistake as well i see :p Danke! :)

Yes, i think you should see the downtown of Lisbon (or the baixa, as we say in portuguese). It's the name that designates that part of the city. You can also see the ex-expo98 grounds, where it still stands the oceanary (didn't know if it types like this in english) It's a big 'place' where you can see sharks, 'tons' of different see species and other beautiful ocean-related animals just for 10€ :p

Well, probably a turism book is better than me to talk about these things :)

Have been in Germany some years ago, in Hamburg, loved it!

André