View Full Version : What is this kote gaesh called?

Please visit our sponsor:

12-22-2006, 05:32 PM
On our last lesson before Christmas, Sensei was showing a few new moves (Christmas treats!) and we did a great kote gaesh, but I can't recall the name.

Nage stands with his hands held behind his back, as if about to be hand-cuffed. Then, with one hand he takes hold of the diagonal wrist of uke and kinda just spins out. The hand that isn't holding on twists out like a cork screw - lead from the elbow, whilst the other hand naturally moves around the wrist and ends up with a perfect opportunity for Kote Gaesh.

Does that ring any bells for anyone? (We've off now for a couple of weeks, so I can't ask Sensei.)

Fred Little
12-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Ushiro Ryo-Tekubidori Kotegaeshi

12-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Thanks, Fred.

It's a cool move! :)

12-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I just aikido-3D'd it. I'll definitely try this one out in the new year!

Joe Jutsu
12-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I personally really enjoy the uragaeishi from that same grab, also a blast to do when someone has both of your wrists from behind in a double nikkyo sort of grab.... don't know the japanese name for that grab though! ;)

12-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Ushiro Ryo-Tekubidori Kotegaeshi

Also known as ushiro ryote dori kotegaeshi.