PDA

View Full Version : Sensei Wanted - Telluride Colorado

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

tjmackey
12-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Hello-

Our small but dedicated band of aikidoists has lost our leader. We seek a new teacher in Telluride. If you are looking for a beautiful place to live in CO, Telluride is it. World class skiing, biking, hiking, climbing, music... the list goes on. Please drop me an email if you are interested.

TJ

aikidoc
12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Wish I was available. I love Telluride-learned to ski there (although I don't ski anymore).

What happened to your sensei?

You might help yourself with a little more detail. Do you have a dojo (not listed in the dojo directory), your number of students, highest rank or rank desired or of last instructor, affiliation, how many classes a week, etc. That might give interested parties more information.

Mike Sigman
12-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Our small but dedicated band of aikidoists has lost our leader. We seek a new teacher in Telluride. If you are looking for a beautiful place to live in CO, Telluride is it. World class skiing, biking, hiking, climbing, music... the list goes on. Please drop me an email if you are interested. Cool post, TJ. I'll bet that was a siren call to many a person who suddenly wished they were qualified Aikido instructors, on the list. Look me up if you get into Durango sometime. ;)

Mike Sigman

Nick P.
12-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I'll do it.

The only condition I have is you fly me by private jet round trip from Montreal on class nights, return that same night. Limo to and from each airport. I can pack a meal on the jet... ;)

Seriously, that sucks and best of luck.
Like aikidoc mentionned, you might want to flesh-out who/what you are looking for in an instructor.

odudog
12-04-2006, 12:48 PM
This is what I found on the net, maybe it is correct, we'll have to wait for the original poster let everyone know:

Aikido –Mon. & Wed., 6:30 p.m., Fitness Center. Call Sensei Rick Thompson at 708-0225 for more info.

Aiki-ken and Aiki-jo – Tues., 7 p.m., Yoga Center. Call Sensei Rick Thompson at 708-0225 for more info.

tjmackey
12-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Rick Thompson was our former sensei, he has moved on. Originally our class met in Placerville then moved up the Valley to Telluride. The class size is small, there is a band of 7 that are regulars and dedicated. We do not have a regular dojo, but use several places in town. We have access to the yoga center, the fitness center and a local school for practice. There is also a dance studio that would welcome us.

Nick P.
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
All of you are to be commended for continuing your training after "loosing" your sensei. It can't be easy.

If I may ask, who has been filling-in for him (years of training, present rank) is his absence?
Also, did Thompson Sensei leave you with any instructions/guidance/recommendations for the future of the group?
Perhaps inviting a sensei from not too far away to come once a week would be an option...

Best,
-Nick