PDA

View Full Version : Hello Aikidokas

Please visit our sponsor:

Double M
11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Just saying hi to everyone! I've been a student of Aikido for 13 years off and on, in a couple different "styles". I've also spent some considerable time in TKD, Aiki-jutsu and Jujitsu, and Tai Chi. Altogether I've spent roughly 20 some odd years in the martial arts but Aikido is my passion.

I dig baseball and the guitar....

I've also done personal protection work for Willie Nelson, Joan Jett, Ted Nugent, .38 Special, Gin Blossoms, Charlie Daniels, Sylvester Stallone, Rick Springfield, and a host of other entertainers as that is my line of work.

Anyway, hi.

Jory Boling
11-18-2006, 07:16 AM
WILLIE!
hi and welcome.

MikeLogan
11-18-2006, 08:06 AM
So if it were cheaper to hire you for weekend gigs than it would be to train in aikido for the rest of my life, then I could get off the mat, and away from all these stinkers... Have to think about that, hehe, welcome to aikiweb. Do you train in Northern VA?

michael.

Double M
11-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

Michael, I trained Aikikai in Hillsboro (not Merrifield) many years ago, most recently in N.VA I trained at One Spirit in Herndon but my schedule made it hard for me to arrive 3 days a week on their schedule and justify the monthly cost. These days I'm with a bunch of fellow martial artists and we kind of roam around and train together in a cross training fashion. Aikido dojo are too few and far between.

I'm not sure if I am cheaper, btw! Hehe.

akiy
11-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

xuzen
11-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Just saying hi to everyone! I've been a student of Aikido for 13 years off and on, in a couple different "styles". I've also spent some considerable time in TKD, Aiki-jutsu and Jujitsu, and Tai Chi. Altogether I've spent roughly 20 some odd years in the martial arts but Aikido is my passion.

I dig baseball and the guitar....

I've also done personal protection work for Willie Nelson, Joan Jett, Ted Nugent, .38 Special, Gin Blossoms, Charlie Daniels, Sylvester Stallone, Rick Springfield, and a host of other entertainers as that is my line of work.

Anyway, hi.

And some claim aikido do not work...

Welcome aboard Mike.

Boon.

Double M
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks Jun and Boon.

...and yes, Aikido works VERY well.