PDA

View Full Version : Osama bin Laden, O-Sensei's evil side?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

SeanHaeussinger2
11-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Do any of you think Osama bin Laden could be O-Sensei's evil,
middle eastern side, not that being middle eastern has anything to do with being evil?

Joe Jutsu
11-07-2006, 01:49 AM
thank you for the most retarded post I have EVER seen on any website or forum, seriously, you deserve all of our congratulations!

xuzen
11-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Yeah, Sean... what the H3LL are you talking about?

Boon.

crbateman
11-07-2006, 03:02 AM
errr... emmm... well, good luck with that... :confused:

Mike Grant
11-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Hang on, there is an amazing physical resemblance between the two!

(At least they both have beards....)

ian
11-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Never met either of them; I've always thought beards make people look more friendly ;)

Gernot Hassenpflug
11-07-2006, 04:19 AM
How many more posts can this thread stay in "General"?

RoyK
11-07-2006, 05:32 AM
I read Sean's other posts - he's the 13 yo who talked about creating his own techniques. Maybe he means that while Osensei aimed at accepting all people, Bin Laden aims at subjugating all people! Or maybe he's joking. Heck, when i was 13 I probably had crazier ideas.

shadowedge
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Thats so cool..... :)

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Humor section...

OMG!!! O___O :p

Mike Grant
11-07-2006, 06:08 AM
thank you for the most retarded post I have EVER seen on any website or forum, seriously, you deserve all of our congratulations!
This one runs it close in the 'retarded' stakes though....

MikeLogan
11-07-2006, 06:18 AM
This ain't a bad idea though, we need action figures, to merchandize off our new saturday morning cartoon!

Aiki-Force! ®
Join our fearless leader, O Sensei Ueshiba Morihei, and his courageous band of Uchideschi, as they battl, er, blend it out with the Terrorist-Bad-Dudes® of the nefarious and very Un-Aiki, ..., Osama bin Laden, iesneS O!

Next season we'll Roll-Out a whole new good guy to love, as he gets into all kind of hijinx while getting to know Irimi-Tenkan!

Cut Scene to Shawn House-Singer: "I read my Tin Can? What?"

michael.

Just joshing, Sean, it's good to keep the brain open to random cross-linking nonlinear correlations. I'd bet my sense of humor, (haha, for what that's worth) that such an ability will lend itself more to developing a feeling and awareness of many of the tenets of aikido, much more so than keeping one's mouth shut for fear of taking some comedy ukemi. So keep it up! Your input thresholds are fine, perhaps refine your output a bit. ;)

crbateman
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
...random cross-linking nonlinear correlations...
:hypno: I think I sprained my brain getting my head around that one...

MikeLogan
11-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I recommend ice, liquids, and maybe some ibuprofen.

:)

Funny, I remember the commas in this post, the previous quoted line could have used one or two.
michael.

markwalsh
11-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Sean - Most people see no connection, hence the ridicule - it seems like an unnecessary question. You could say both had/have a grand plan for humanity, Osensei was one of peace of course and you get to choose to be a part of it...but its a bit of a stretch.

Jun - Would it be worth putting age by the user-name - or perhaps a junior tag. We include nationality as this helps interpretation of posts. I value what young people have to say and think they need to be treated a bit different than people who are just ignorant (thanks for heads up Roy).

Ron Tisdale
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, on the subject of treating young people differently...

In our adult classes, young people of a certain age and maturity are allowed to train. But they must behave as an adult in those classes...if they want leeway, there are children's classes to train in, where more leeway is given because of the age of the participants. Now, there is one fine young woman, who still trains with the children, but she is large enough and proficient enough to train with the adults as well. She is also very mature. I would guess she is 1 or 2 years older than Shaun. I don't know exactly how old she is...there is no need. She isn't trying to re-invent aikido, nor is she comparing Ueshiba Sensei to Bin Laden...and she is very mature in class. And throws me quite handily. I'd say that if she was 18, she would have her shodan.

I guess my point is that if Shaun wants to come online and post with adults...maybe he should behave accordingly, and be treated accordingly...that way he can grow into the position, as it were.

Best,
Ron

crbateman
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Jun - Would it be worth putting age by the user-name - or perhaps a junior tag. We include nationality as this helps interpretation of posts. I value what young people have to say and think they need to be treated a bit different than people who are just ignorant (thanks for heads up Roy).Maybe add a SPANK button... :eek:

markwalsh
11-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Ron - Agree the basic rules of the game don't change, but it does affect how I read a post. Something to take into account no?

Ron Tisdale
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure I'm smart enough for this one...there are a couple issues...

a) if we are really talking about a child...then there are serious dangers on the internet. That fact changes things somewhat.

b) Of course we make accomodations on the mat for people who are smaller than we are, weaker than we are, etc. It's a question of how many accomodations of what kind.

On the one hand I want to give him a break because of his age. On the other hand, his refusal to "get it" in another thread tells me he needs to take some ukemi...I'm not sure this is the place for him to take it. A dojo and a qualified instructor seem to work better than me through the internet.

Bottom line, I don't know the answer.

Best,
Ron (which in a dojo, would make the answer no...for his safety. Come back when you grows up...)

PS I should make it clear that I realize that this site and the internet are not a dojo...BUT there are some interesting parallels...and in this case I can't quite dismiss them.

Ron Tisdale
11-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Maybe add a SPANK button... :eek:

Hehe...Clark, some people LIKE spank buttons... :D

Best,
Ron (Sean, cover your ears!)

PS Shoot...I've probably mis-spelled your name 20 times now! Sorry, no offense intended...

Mark Gibbons
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
middle eastern side, not that being middle eastern has anything to do with being evil?

Sean. No that doesn't seem likely to me. You've probably come up with something no one else dreamed up.

Ron. I didn't see any age limits on the site when I joined. Just requirements about treating other posters respectfully. Sean's posts haven't been offensive or disrespectful as far as I can see. Some of the responses, not yours, have been pretty rude. A few threads doesn't seem like a lot of bandwidth to devote to anyone. Its not as if we haven't had weirder questions posed on the site before.

Regards,
Mark

Aristeia
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I was having my suspicions in the "new technique" thread - now I'm increasingly convinced Sean is no more 13 than I am. I smell troll.

markwalsh
11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Ron - Nice to read a post with two sides and no conclusive "I know best." Hard issues to work out as you say.
Respects,
Mark

Tomas Grana
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM

Hmmm, no. Not at all.
A word of advice, Sean: while some people here might laugh at you and ridicule you for saying something like this, you probably won't ever get to see them or train with them. If you say something like this on the mat, you might offend (or weird out) a person or two, especially if they have a bit of O-Sensei worship (which is not uncommon).
Tom

Marc Kupper
11-07-2006, 11:32 PM
middle eastern side, not that being middle eastern has anything to do with being evil?Sean, I'd recommend that you look up some articles on Osama bin Laden, Morihei Ueshiba, and then draw your own conclusions. A quick check shows that the Wikipedia has articles on both people for example.

Marc

Joe Jutsu
11-07-2006, 11:32 PM
This one runs it close in the 'retarded' stakes though....
Ah thanks Mike, but you give me too much credit! I appreciate the sentiment thought! :D ;)

Mike Hamer
11-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Osama Bin Laden is just about as close to O Sensei as a pair of gloves is to a pair of socks, both cover an area well, but they are completely different topics. Goodnight, I am very tired and need sleep!

RoyK
11-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Osama Bin Laden is just about as close to O Sensei as a pair of gloves is to a pair of socks, both cover an area well, but they are completely different topics. Goodnight, I am very tired and need sleep!

Are you implying Osensei Socks??? :hypno:

Pauliina Lievonen
11-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Are you implying Osensei Socks??? :hypno:No, he gloves...

kvaak
Pauliina

MikeLogan
11-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Both tabi socks, and gloves. It's all part of the merchandizing, sillies. :D

Mike Hamer
11-08-2006, 09:04 PM
:D

eyrie
11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going... I would've thought it would have gone the way of the Old People in Aikido thread - died and buried - by now.

For starters, the bin Ladens are close family friends of the incumbent American President. All is not what it seems in this supposed "War on Terror" (just like the "War on Drugs").

I wonder who's "Wagging the Dog" here....

Ron401
11-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Ummmm *shakes head*
*thinks to self I cant belive i read this thread*

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Not that it matters much, but think about it: O-Sensei founded something good. Osama bin Laden founded something bad.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:16 PM
errr... emmm... well, good luck with that... :confused:Good luck with what? From what you seem to me about your thought(s), take bin Laden's wife & take her to 1920's Japan to intertwine Ueshiba & bin Laden?

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:21 PM
thank you for the most retarded post I have EVER seen on any website or forum, seriously, you deserve all of our congratulations!Look, bin Laden may have founded certain bad practices. Plus, they're both socially good people, even though O-Sensei's dead. O-Sensei intended good & benefits other people. Osama bin Laden intends what he THINKS is good
& benefits other Muslim people, but the other people.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM

(At least they both have beards....)Wait! There's more!
Please read my other posts, and convince these unintelligent people: Joe Proffitt, Xu Wengfun, and Clark Bateman. And when my dad had facial hair, and when he was hanging out with a Pakistani doctor (please, no terrorist stereotypes), people thought they were terrorist like, as supposed to being actual terrorists.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:26 PM
I read Sean's other posts - he's the 13 yo who talked about creating his own techniques. Maybe he means that while Osensei aimed at accepting all people, Bin Laden aims at subjugating all people! Or maybe he's joking. Heck, when i was 13 I probably had crazier ideas.The crazy idea in this case come ONLY with this thread. But I understand the technique part.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
middle eastern side, not that being middle eastern has anything to do with being evil?I'm ONLY asking for opinions!

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:42 PM

In our adult classes, young people of a certain age and maturity are allowed to train. But they must behave as an adult in those classes...if they want leeway, there are children's classes to train in, where more leeway is given because of the age of the participants. Now, there is one fine young woman, who still trains with the children, but she is large enough and proficient enough to train with the adults as well. She is also very mature. I would guess she is 1 or 2 years older than Shaun. I don't know exactly how old she is...there is no need. She isn't trying to re-invent aikido, nor is she comparing Ueshiba Sensei to Bin Laden...and she is very mature in class. And throws me quite handily. I'd say that if she was 18, she would have her shodan.

I guess my point is that if Shaun wants to come online and post with adults...maybe he should behave accordingly, and be treated accordingly...that way he can grow into the position, as it were.

Best,
RonI see maturity in myself (hence my registration to these forums), though I also like to act like a kid as I'm supposed to (guys, I'm only trying to learn). And BTW, I'm not EXACTLY trying to "reinvent" Aikido. And I think you mean Shidan.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Best,
RonI see maturity in myself (hence my registration to these forums), though I also like to act like a kid as I'm supposed to (guys, I'm only trying to learn). And BTW, I'm not EXACTLY trying to "reinvent" Aikido. And no, I'm not "comparing (unless you mean bin Laden as O-sensei's evil side being comparison, I still have trouble identifying such).

Most importantly, I think you mean Shidan.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Jun - Would it be worth putting age by the user-name - or perhaps a junior tag.Tell this to the founders of this site.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Ron Tisdale]On the other hand, his refusal to "get it" in another thread tells me he needs to take some ukemi...QUOTE]
Look man, I thought you'd be a nice man; but I do "get it"! I'm learning, and to that, I have to CHOOSE to "get it" (I see around that, and it should make the world a batter place to some degree)!
And please define ukemi: the physical act of concluding a technique as Uke, or me taking in some flame (no, not fire; I've worked with it before)?

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
A dojo and a qualified instructor seem to work better than me through the internet.A qualified instructor (a reason I'm here, because of me taking classes) made me this, and YOU GUYS, don't "get it"!

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Hehe...Clark, some people LIKE spank buttons... :D

Best,
Ron (Sean, cover your ears!)

PS Shoot...I've probably mis-spelled your name 20 times now! Sorry, no offense intended...I've come across references of why I should "cover my ears", and people have even mispronounced my name (hi, Seen).

Most importantly, Im' 13, not 7!

SeanHaeussinger2
11-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Sean. No that doesn't seem likely to me. You've probably come up with something no one else dreamed up.

Ron. I didn't see any age limits on the site when I joined. Just requirements about treating other posters respectfully. Sean's posts haven't been offensive or disrespectful as far as I can see. Some of the responses, not yours, have been pretty rude. A few threads doesn't seem like a lot of bandwidth to devote to anyone. Its not as if we haven't had weirder questions posed on the site before.

Regards,
MarkLook, I'm 13, not 7! That gives me SOME online freedom, so even if there WERE an age limit, I'd be able to bypass it. People, stop being idiots & treat me like one of you! I think like it (input), but this has happened (output).

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Hmmm, no. Not at all.
A word of advice, Sean: while some people here might laugh at you and ridicule you for saying something like this, you probably won't ever get to see them or train with them. If you say something like this on the mat, you might offend (or weird out) a person or two, especially if they have a bit of O-Sensei worship (which is not uncommon).
TomI'd NEVER say that on the mat! Just online.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Sean, I'd recommend that you look up some articles on Osama bin Laden, Morihei Ueshiba, and then draw your own conclusions. A quick check shows that the Wikipedia has articles on both people for example.

MarcI have. Why ELSE have I created this thread?

Tinyboy344
11-09-2006, 12:08 AM
This thread gets 47 replies???? Does it really deserve that? Oh come on people..... COME ON!!! What are we doing arguing on a topic like this???

Tinyboy344
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
It hurts to read the original thread :uch: ... It hurts even more to read the replies :crazy: (except the first 2)

Marc Kupper
11-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Sean, I'd recommend that you look up some articles on Osama bin Laden, Morihei Ueshiba, and then draw your own conclusions. A quick check shows that the Wikipedia has articles on both people for example.I have. Why ELSE have I created this thread?Ok -- then I'll answer the original question -- The answer must be "no" as no one jumped in and said "yes."

Also, a short while ago you posted "I'd NEVER say that on the mat! Just online." At least on Aikiweb, and preferably everywhere, please assume that you are communicating within someone in person. See http://www.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/wave.gif? I just waved to you.

Guilty Spark
11-09-2006, 08:45 AM
This thread *was* doing good in turnign what seemeds to be a silly silly topic into light hearted jokes, until you replied Sean.

I'm sure given some time and thought you could try and justify pretty much topic you choose.
However you word your theory you should realise 9 people out of 10 probably won't see it as a clever question but as trolling or the very least, a silly topic ready to catch fire. We could start arguing yin and yang, black and white, trying to do good by not hurting people compared to "doing good" by killing people- I don't buy it.

People, stop being idiots & treat me like one of you!
Something to be earened and not automatic if you ask me. Insinuating people who have replied to your posts are idiots isn't a good step in that direction.

Also, a short while ago you posted "I'd NEVER say that on the mat! Just online." At least on Aikiweb, and preferably everywhere, please assume that you are communicating within someone in person
Very well said.

markwalsh
11-09-2006, 07:34 PM
"Tell this to the founders of this site."

That would be Jun.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Ok -- then I'll answer the original question -- The answer must be "no" as no one jumped in and said "yes."

Also, a short while ago you posted "I'd NEVER say that on the mat! Just online." At least on Aikiweb, and preferably everywhere, please assume that you are communicating within someone in person. See http://www.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/wave.gif? I just waved to you.That's just a smiley. The closest to seeing people locally are the chat programs with sprites, like Habbo. But I feel we're gonig off topic.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 11:06 PM
This thread *was* doing good in turnign what seemeds to be a silly silly topic into light hearted jokes, until you replied Sean.

I'm sure given some time and thought you could try and justify pretty much topic you choose.
However you word your theory you should realise 9 people out of 10 probably won't see it as a clever question but as trolling or the very least, a silly topic ready to catch fire. We could start arguing yin and yang, black and white, trying to do good by not hurting people compared to "doing good" by killing people- I don't buy it.

Something to be earened and not automatic if you ask me. Insinuating people who have replied to your posts are idiots isn't a good step in that direction.

Very well said.I only said such because it seemed like people have been treating me like dirt. Dirt is for the belts.

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
We could start arguing yin and yang, black and white, trying to do good by not hurting people compared to "doing good" by killing peopleTHANK YOU! That was the thought of this ENTIRE thread!

SeanHaeussinger2
11-09-2006, 11:08 PM
"Tell this to the founders of this site."

That would be Jun.Oh.

xuzen
11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Wait! There's more!
Please read my other posts, and convince these unintelligent people: Joe Proffitt, Xu Wengfun, and Clark Bateman. And when my dad had facial hair, and when he was hanging out with a Pakistani doctor (please, no terrorist stereotypes), people thought they were terrorist like, as supposed to being actual terrorists.

Didn't give much thought to this thread until I see honourary mention of my illustrious name.

I SP@NK err... I meant instill discipline on little 13 year boys and make them sit at the corner, and NO, you can't have the ice-cream until you clean up your room.

Boon.

Ron Tisdale
11-10-2006, 07:51 AM
I see maturity in myself (hence my registration to these forums), though I also like to act like a kid as I'm supposed to (guys, I'm only trying to learn). And BTW, I'm not EXACTLY trying to "reinvent" Aikido. And I think you mean Shidan.

But you are not displaying maturity here...and therefore I question whether you could display it in a dojo.

And no, I mean shodan. This is part of your problem...you are so busy trying to correct others, you do not listen.

Best,
Ron

actoman
11-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Not only is this the most retarded post, it's also the most insulting.

Waddya think we are? Jihaddists or something....c'mon :grr: :disgust:

akiy
11-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Thread closed since it's merely talking about itself without any constructive discussion and straying into personal attacks.

-- Jun