PDA

View Full Version : First class of Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

Joao
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi, i had my first class 1 hour ago.. it was awsome .. i learn how to fall .. and two strikes (i dont know the correct word)

Anyone can give me a website or a name of a book with the names of the strikes/moves ( i dont know the correct word) in japanese i've to know them and i cant memorize them on the class. :D

Joćo

Qatana
11-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Don't worry, Joao. By the time you are ready for your first test you Will know the names of the techniques. At least the ones on your first test!

graham
11-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, this website is a good start.

It's best to ask you Sensei to recommend a book, as your style may differ in technique to those in a book that I might recommend.

Glad you liked your first lesson. I'm coming up to my first grading soon, as is my 9-year old daughter. We both love Aikido! :)

MikeLogan
11-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Try this, Joao, http://www.aikiweb.com/wiki/techniques

It's the 5th link downward from the upper left corner, and it has what Aikiweb considers a general consensus of terms for attacks, and techniques. The rest of the aiki-wiki itself has plenty to offer as well.

michael.
Enjoy your next class as well as your first!

RampantWolf
11-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, don't worry too much about the names of the techniques, you'll pick them up. In my first grading we were given a list of techniques in the order we would have to do them... During the grading I actually started the technique Sensei asked for rather than the one that was supposed to come next, and I didn't even know I'd picked up the names. Of course the other three did the technique that was supposed to be next so it looked like I got it wrong :rolleyes:

shadowedge
11-03-2006, 03:08 AM
another nice place to look :)

www.aikidofaq.com

Joao
11-03-2006, 01:46 PM
ahah thanks ..

i was a little sad in the first train because i fail sometimes the to strikes we learn .. we all have done the moves without an opponent.. but i fail them sometimes :S ..

any adivices ?? i tried to be focus diring the trainning.

Joao

RoyK
11-07-2006, 06:02 AM
I wouldn't count on just listening at class for remembering techniques. I've seen plenty of ppl (well, more like 5) who got to their first test without knowing any technique name. I wish I could give you some of the links I used to learn technique names, but that was more than a year ago...

If you can spare the money, Aikido3D (http://www.aikido3d.com/) is a good learning tool for techniques and their names!

Joao
11-08-2006, 10:21 AM
ok thanks....
I had my second class of aikido itwas awsome i catch easly the technic .. i dont do it perfectly but i do it well so i'm happy ahahah :D