PDA

View Full Version : more books

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ian
08-28-2001, 05:48 AM
I find the books data base very useful. However I was wondering whether we could include other texts which aren't directly aikido but are often read/utilised by the aikido crowd. The reason for this is that some books from other martial arts have been more helpful in aikido than some books actually on aikido. I realise their are reviews on other web pages and amazon, but the methods and approach to martial arts often tends to be unique in aikido resulting in a much more critical appraisal of texts. i.e. a book on magic ninja moves tends to get good reviews on other sites because they have never really reflected on the practicality of these techniques, and many of the people giving feedback are still at school.

Also there are other areas e.g. Zen, Taosim, Weapon work, which would be interesting for aikido people to get a handle on.

It would still be useful to keep the list small (and possibly maintain it as a seperate list), as well as refusing books which are not well enough associated with aikido.

What d'yer think?

Ian

Aikidoadmirer
04-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Hello everyone,

I am from Vietnam. 15 years ago I saw Aikido on TV by chance. I loved it. Last year I went to Hanoi and join one Aikido class. I really enjoyed it. Now i am in difficult so I am off for a moment. The books a bout Aikido is difficultly found in our country. Could anyone share on Aikido ebook for me??? Thousands of thanks

Huyen

bdhuyen@yahoo.com

Yann Golanski
04-29-2004, 07:28 AM
I am from Vietnam. 15 years ago I saw Aikido on TV by chance. I loved it. Last year I went to Hanoi and join one Aikido class. I really enjoyed it. Now i am in difficult so I am off for a moment. The books a bout Aikido is difficultly found in our country. Could anyone share on Aikido ebook for me??? Thousands of thanks

I don't think there is one. However, there are plenty of sites that do have movies of techniques. While not ideal at all, they may help.

If not, can you get amazon to deliver to your country?

SeiserL
04-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Greetings,

Tenshinkai Aikido is the name given by O'Sensei Morihei Ueshiba directly to Sensei Dang Thong Phong for the art coming from Vietnam. He has recently published a book in English (Aikido Basics by Tuttle Publishing) and there is some attempts to translate it. Phong Sensei will be back in country this summer. Go to Tenshinkai.com for more information.

Bronson
04-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Could anyone share on Aikido ebook for me??? Thousands of thanks

Aikido From the Inside Out (http://www.designeq.com/deq/aikido/insideout/Contents.html)

This is an online version of an aikido book.

I HAVE NOT read it. I CAN NOT attest to it's quality or content. I only provide the link.

Bronson