PDA

View Full Version : Classes in Takamatsu-shi

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

matfodder
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone,

THis is my first post so I hope that I am in the right area.

Next January I am off to Japan to visit my son and am wanting to get in some classes while I am there. Does anyone know of a club in Takamatsu-shi in Kagawa-ken, Shikoku or within striking distance? If so, please can you post the details for me.

Thanks,
matfodder

James Young
10-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I did a quick search on the honbu's (Aikikai) website which has a listing of branch dojos and apparently there is one in Takamatsu. The web-link they give connects directly to the prefecture's public martial arts facility. It looks pretty spacious and nice from the pictures. According to the website the aikido group meets Thursday and Saturday nights, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. The address is: 1-5-5 Fukuoka-cho, Takamatsu-shi and the phone number is 087-821-5125. The honbu's website lists the instructor as Nishihara-sensei and provide an e-mail address for him. If you need more information and don't speak Japanese you might have your son call the facility or e-mail the sensei to get the information you need.

matfodder
10-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi James,

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that will be of great use to me during my trip.

matfodder
10-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi James,

I have just had a look at the Honbu's site, in English, and am not able to see the link. Any chance of pointing me in the right direction to it please.

Thanks again

James Young
10-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I actually got it off the Japanese side of their website. It doesn't look like they have the listings for Japan branch dojos on the English side. Anyway, here is the specific link where you can find the instructor's e-mail address and the link to lead you to the facility's website.

http://www.aikikai.or.jp/jpn/sibukensaku/chiiki/kagawaken/takamatusi.htm