PDA

View Full Version : Abe sensei (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

spin13
10-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Greetings,

I am looking for information, in English, on a specific sensei. His name is Abe Osamu ( 阿部 修 ) and he holds the rank of 7th dan (Aikikai, I believe). I am not sure of the translation of his first name.

He teaches both Aikido and Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo at the Meguro Chuo Gymnasium ( 目黒区中央体育館 ). He also practices Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido. If I am correct in translating Abe sensei's first name, it appears he holds the ranks of 7th dan kyoshi and 5th dan in these arts, respectively.

I ask because I was able to practice SMR Jo in his class today but I was the only English speaking student and was not able to ask any questions. As my Japanese developes, I hope to be able to find out more for myself, but for now I would appreciate any and all help possible!

Thank you,
-Eric

louiev
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.bakuya.com/~meguro-dojo/

It seems that their site does not have an English page. What *exactly* are you looking for?

spin13
10-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah, it might be nice if I let you know that, wouldn't it?

Thanks for the link. I saw his name mentioned on a different page that did not mention his non-Aikido credentials (but was still in Japanese and thus mostly indecipherable). To then answer my own question, it appears he is 6dan renshi (MSR) and 7dan kyoshi menkyo kaiden (SMR).  And it also appears he is indeed affiliated with the Aikikai.

With that cleared up, I'm interested in who Abe sensei trained with in each respective art. He is a kind man and his talent is undeniable; I'm just curious...

Thanks again,
-Eric