PDA

View Full Version : My introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

Sydney Tovatt
09-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Maybe life does begin at sventy-one. That year I got myself a really nice dog, a labrador retriever named Salut. I began training yoga. I began learning to meditate. I began reading Miyamoto Musashis Book of Five Rings with commentary by Stefan Stenudd. Still other Books, Total Aikido by Shioda, Ki in Aikido and Aikido by Carol Shifflett. Afterall life did begin to change. Att seventy-four I had begun "Hitori Waza and other exercises". My knees which never had been too good began to fail. I could hardly walk. An orthopedic examination and a diagnos "over-pronation" of both feet and I was out-fitted with personal arche-supports. After a few months I again could carefully begin doing the exercises with the supports in wrestling-boots. Now att seventy-six I am doing really well with "Hitori Waza and other exercises" which have continued making changes in my life. I have never before experienced such a complete sence of balance. I cannot however participate in a Dojo as I cannot go barefoot, even to brush my teeth. The mental practice, visualizing, suggested by Carol M. Shifflett and my One-Point also make a lot of difference. And Salut can no longer throw me off balance. We often go for long "One-Point-hikes" upp and down the nearby mountains, just like flying. Aikido, Meditation, Yoga and Salut change my life, every day. :ai:

akiy
09-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi Sydney,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

akari-kika
09-30-2006, 05:50 PM
I also exercise yoga and meditate but I'm still new.

Welcome to the forum ;) I'm kika