PDA

View Full Version : What would you do???

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

roninroshi
09-25-2006, 07:55 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4190938042466443086

gdandscompserv
09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I guess those thugs got SCHOOLED! :D

roninroshi
09-25-2006, 08:23 PM
He was easy on them...The boxer had plenty of opening's to crush their nut's and do some head soccer...

Neil Mick
09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
"What would I do?"

It looked like an accident: the guy hauled back and accidentally hit the woman. If that happened to me: I'd take the first hit and apologize profusely the whole time.

Hopefully, the boxer'd cool down before he got in a 2nd swing.

Steven
09-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Didn't look like an accident to me. The one guy saw them approaching. The other looked over his left should then looked over his right and made his strke. Looked intentional and "STAGED" to me. Looked to me many the punches missed their mark.

deepsoup
09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree with Neil. Both guys looked pretty drunk, I'd say it was accidental.
I guess it could have been staged, but can't imagine why. Looked to me like many of the punches missed their mark too, but its not as easy as all that to hit a drunk while he's falling over.

What would I do?
In the place of the drunken bum, stay out of the way of the punches while apologising profusely. Try not to lose my temper with the ludicrous overreaction.
In the place of Captain Testosterone? Words, rather than punches, I should think.

Sean
x

Mike Sigman
09-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I agree both guys were drunk. Way drunk. The boxer should have spotted that and he also should have moved over to the woman's left side. Not to mention keeping out of range when passing someone just to avoid the sucker punch.

But hey, the guy deliberately hit the girl on impulse. Accident my butt. I'll bet he'll be a lot drunker before he ever does that again. I'm surprised the boxer dude let them off that easily, but then again you can make a mistake by hanging out in the wrong neighborhoods too long and not skedaddling.

Please don't anyone say they would have apologized for letting their girlfriend's face get in the way of that guy's arm.

Mike

roninroshi
09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Well said Mike...by the way this happened in Poland not LA...

Neil Mick
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
OK, I gave the video a 2nd look. And, a number of observations come to mind:

1. Yeah, I think the guys were drunk. And, it's unclear what the tone of the exchange was, before the couple walked by. Did one guy owe the other money? There was definitely a disagreement, but I can't tell, as I don't speak Polish.

2. On looking at it again, I am now unsure whether or not the slap was premeditated. If it were, it was an impulse: but it seems weird to want to slap a random pedestrian, without even giving that person the benefit of a glance.

So, Occam's Razor suggests that it was likely an accident, as it is the simplest explanation.

3. The boxer didn't land any serious punches...they were all love-taps. No kicking; not even a punch bad enough to sport a bruise. Odd.

4. What are "romales?" Gypsies were the only related reference I could produce.

5. Gotta wonder what further exchanges went on behind the trees (probably the woman telling them to #$&%^& off).

Mike Sigman
09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
4. What are "romales?" Gypsies were the only related reference I could produce.Gypsies. You know... those left-over Hindus that the Muslims conquered and made slaves of and brought into Europe and the Middle East? Remember the "Hindu Kush" in Afghanistan? That means "killer of HIndus"... so many of them died on the slave trips over the mountains.

Mike

Mashu
09-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I would have slashed them with Occam's Razor and chased them back over the mountain passes.

roninroshi
09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
From another forum on the same topic,the member is Polish and write's...
this is somwere in Poland, they speak polisch language at least.
lose translation from the end of clip /women voice/:
calm down!
watch out, they gona kill him!
stop it!

Bronson
09-27-2006, 01:33 AM
lose translation from the end of clip /women voice/:
calm down!
watch out, they gona kill him!
stop it!

Yeah, it looked to me like they were following the couple into the trees with the full intent of getting even. For all we know they stabbed the boxer to death and ate his eyes on cold toast :yuck:

Bronson