PDA

View Full Version : O Sensei's teachings

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Boontom
09-12-2006, 09:29 AM
I am curious if any of O Sensei's teachings on Aikido not in the fighting sense, but the mental, spirtitual, etc. sense, if there are any like on even just audio files then that would be good. I'm looking to find what teachings I can by him, I'm gunna get the book Budo, written by him.

wayneth
09-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Budo is a very interesting book to read, but I think it is just a small part to Ueshiba Senseis Aikido at that time. But a good book to read.
For Ueshiba Senseis poems try www.aikido.com. There are quite a bit on there if you look about a bit.
Wayne

ChrisMoses
09-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Ellis Amdur did some interesting analysis of some of OSensei's speeches on Aikido Journal.com. Made for some interesting reading.

Don_Modesto
09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Ellis Amdur did some interesting analysis of some of OSensei's speeches on Aikido Journal.com. Made for some interesting reading.Yes. His book, Dueling with Osensei, is good, too.

But context is much. For background stuff, Abe's Weaving the Mantra is very insightful, as are other non-aikido works by Grappard, Rambelli, et al. Happy to provide references if you're inerested.