PDA

View Full Version : Where did she learn that?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

PhilMyKi
09-02-2006, 01:14 AM
My thirteen year old little sister, the one wouldn't say boo to a goose. The one who has seen me train only once. Said to me 'I want to show you something cool!' on the way home from the shops last night. 'I want you to pretend you are a bad man and grab me.' So I think she wants to show me what she remembers off a old kids syllabus that I showed her when she was about five or six from when I was assistant instructor at my university martial arts club. So I held her wrist gently, she looked at me explained she wanted to do a grab that resembles Ushiro Kubishime 'I want to see if I can do this.' she said.

So I look around thinking if anyone saw me (5'10 and 98 kg) grabbing her a lot of explaining would follow. I grab her. Before I could figure out what she was going to do, the little whirlwind had escaped my grip slapped on a nasty sankyo whizzed me into a bramble bush (I think I have all the prickles out of my bum). Then a lady who had obviously been watching us from her garden gave her a little clap.

I have never shown her that, she has never seen it from watching me train. She said she had been watching my aikido videos on her summer break, but they have all been loaned to friends. So ... where did she learn that? :confused:

batemanb
09-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Obviously not from you.......... ;) :p :D :D :D

If she wants more, there's a junior class on Monday evenings ;) :D

PhilMyKi
09-02-2006, 01:35 AM
I have asked her if she would want to go, but she said the instructor's hairband is too girly :D

batemanb
09-02-2006, 03:17 AM
I have asked her if she would want to go, but she said the instructor's hairband is too girly :D

ouch, cold.....

Nick Simpson
09-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Haha, excellent stuff. Buy her an icecream!

James Davis
09-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Haha, excellent stuff. Buy her an icecream!
and hand it to her veeerrry slowly. :)

Setka
09-11-2006, 04:09 AM
With a BIG smile. :D