PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Pain.. help?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Sadez
08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok, so I've been to my second class (which was tonight) and right after Ushiro Tori and Ushiro Ukemi.. I felt the most horrendous pain in my stomach. Just below the hip line, line where the appendix would be. We went to go into forward rolls, and I tried one.. and once my back/tail bone hit the floor.. I was seeing stars. :hypno:

After that I couldn't participate for the rest of the class. I spent the rest of the class time observing others, practicing ki breathing, and my seiza.

Has anyone else experinced this, and what can you do to over-come it?
Help.. :sorry:

David Orange
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Has anyone else experinced this, and what can you do to over-come it?
Help.. :sorry:

Better get thee to the doctor, ma'am. Don't guess. Could be something serious.

Good luck.

David

James Davis
08-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Better get thee to the doctor, ma'am. Don't guess. Could be something serious.

Good luck.

David
Good advice. In the meantime, the deep ki breathing can help you deal with the pain.

Mark Uttech
08-10-2006, 08:34 AM
A doctor visit is a good idea. A visit with a chiropractor is another good idea. Many years ago, after a seminar, I was surprised by stomach pain whenever I did a forward roll. I went to the doctor , to the hospital, and after many tests, nothing turned up. Then I went to a chiropractor. He took one look at me, told me to hop up on the table and pushed my pelvis back into place. Hope this helps.

cconstantine
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I felt the most horrendous pain in my stomach. Just below the hip line, line where the appendix would be. We went to go into forward rolls, and I tried one.. and once my back/tail bone hit the floor..

I'm not a phys., def see your doctor as others have suggested.

I've had a similar pain: If you (with your own hand) point at the pain from the front, are you pointing through yourself at your hip joint? (It sounds like you are describing a pain higher than what I'm describing.)

But when I began, I found the mucles which are used to tuck oneself into a ball -- specifically to hold your thigh flexed at that slightly unusual angle in a forward roll -- those muscles were weak, and I pulled one. It hurt like crazy, mostly only during rolling. Again, the pain I'm describing sounds a little lower than what you're describing. But it went away after doctor-visitor-for-safety, rest, more rest, and then, after healing, regular careful stretching and practice practice practice.

wmreed
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay Sadie,

We're all waiting in concern...are you feeling better? Did you go to the doctor? Do we need to call 911 and send someone to your home?

Bill

Jess McDonald
08-11-2006, 12:17 AM
:confused: UMMM... gas maybe? :)

Sadez
08-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the concern. I tried dealing with the pain til bout Wednesday afternoon, and saw a Doctor. He sent me to the ER to rule out appendicitis. Needless to say, I spent quite a few hours there and went through lots of different test. I ended up rupturing an ovarian cyst, and the fluid from the rupture was causing all the pain. I still have some of the pain, but it's fading .. thank goodness.
I'm going to keep resting and I plan on getting back to Aikido on Thursday. Seeing as I missed last Thursday's class, and I will be missing tomorrow. I'm excitied to get back, but I don't want to rush it by going back tomorrow. I think it would be a little too soon.

Again, thanks for the concern and the advice from everyone.

aikidodragon
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
i can feel your pain. I have sists and endometriosis. be careful and good luck.

aikidoc
08-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Your initial description sounded like an abdominal muscle tear or hernia-wow a ruptured ovarian cyst. It must have been ready to burst.

Sadez
08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Your initial description sounded like an abdominal muscle tear or hernia-wow a ruptured ovarian cyst. It must have been ready to burst.

I think since the cyst was already there, and the forward rolls and everything helped push it to burst.