PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Michelle Heer
07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello to all.
I'm new to Aikido, I've been training a couple of months now. I'm finding I really like it but it's definately going to take some time.
I'm into horses which is actually what led me to Aikido. I saw a trainer by the name of Mark Rashid. I was very impressed with not only his horsemanship but also his demeanor. As it turned out he also holds a black belt in Aikido.

I look forward to a wonderful journey, Michelle Heer

dps
07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Hello to all.
I'm new to Aikido, I've been training a couple of months now. I'm finding I really like it but it's definately going to take some time.
I'm into horses which is actually what led me to Aikido. I saw a trainer by the name of Mark Rashid. I was very impressed with not only his horsemanship but also his demeanor. As it turned out he also holds a black belt in Aikido.

I look forward to a wonderful journey, Michelle Heer
I grew up on a farm and started to ride ponies when I was five years old. One of the things that I learned being around horses that can apply to Aikido is that anytime I was near enough to put my hand on the horse I would, and keep it on the horse the whole time I was close to it. This way I could feel the horse tense muscles and shift weight. This help me many times from getting stepped on or kicked.
In Aikido you learn when you touch uke you feeling muscle tension and shifting of weight.
Wish I still had horses. :)

akiy
07-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun