PDA

View Full Version : Co-workers

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Boontom
06-21-2006, 01:59 AM
I was telling some of my co-workers about Aikido and one of them started telling people, "Hey, David knows "cookie doe" he can break a man in half." LOL I thought it was hilarious, they thought it was cool tho when I showed them what I knew with the 31 jo kata.

Lee Mulgrew
06-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Cookie Doe, I like it!
I have problems trying to get my co workers to understand why I do Aikido also, they ask what its about and then tend to pull faces and ask why the hell I would let someone bounce me around the room and try to break various parts of my anatomy! The harmony and nature thing seems to go completely over their heads :freaky:

Eric Webber
06-23-2006, 11:06 AM
My favorite is "How is that karate thing you do going? Have you fought anyone lately?" I stopped talking about it with most people.

James Davis
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
they thought it was cool tho when I showed them what I knew with the 31 jo kata.
When I screwed up my knee, I carried a jo around to use as a crutch. :uch:

Thankfully, I didn't have to demonstrate any jo kata for my co-workers; a stern glare and slowly reaching for the jo usually got the message across... evileyes

emma.mason15
06-26-2006, 06:05 PM
my co-workers dont talk to me ...
i Like to smile at them .... it confuses the hell outta the lot of them ...

giriasis
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I usually just like them think it's some kind of judo or karate. If they really don't know anything about martial arts. I just tell them I practice a martial art. The second question usually is, "so you can beat me up? I'll stay away from you." Oh well, let them think what they want.

Robert Jackson
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM
lol One of my co-workers has this thing about head butting and seems to think Aikido revolves around head butting... no matter how much I correct him... then again he also calls my a san kiwi instead of san kyu...