PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Boontom
06-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Hello, my name is David Jackson, I am 18 years old and I am from Corpus Christi, Texas. My sensei is Hector Chavez and I have been training under him for several weeks now, currently we are covering the 31 jo kata movements and making the movements fluid. I am up to 14 correct. I look forward to meeting many interesting people on here. My interest in Aikido is for my love of the Katana, i have many other reasons, just cant think of them all at the moment. Anytime I am at the beach I head off into the dunes where I can enjoy the sound of nature and meditate, just clearing my mind.

akiy
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi David,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

crbateman
06-21-2006, 05:07 AM
Anytime I am at the beach I head off into the dunes where I can enjoy the sound of nature and meditate, just clearing my mind.David, try to do this every day, even when you are not at the beach. O'Sensei practiced meditational purification every day. And, welcome aboard.

Lucy Smith
06-21-2006, 12:07 PM
O'Sensei practiced meditational purification every day.

Well he lived in a peaceful place... try to meditate with the sound of traffic in your head... I know we should be capable, but it's just not easy.

Welcome to Aikiweb David, you've chosen the right place!!

;)
Lucy

Mark Freeman
06-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Well he lived in a peaceful place... try to meditate with the sound of traffic in your head... I know we should be capable, but it's just not easy.

it's not supposed to be Lucy ;)

regards

Mark

crbateman
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Well he lived in a peaceful place... try to meditate with the sound of traffic in your head... I know we should be capable, but it's just not easy. Most things worth having are not easy, Lucy, but if you really want it, you'll find the time and the place. I do much of my meditating in the shower...

Boontom
06-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I do meditate in my room or any place thats quiet because I really try to get as much silence and peacefullness out of my meditation, so I can concentrate on Aikido, clearing my mind easier. Hearing people honk and shout and car engines running of traffic is hard to concentrate in, but I meditate wherever I am usually, it just depends if I have the time to meditate where I am at. I look at pictures of Scotland and see those hills and cliffs, highlands, ruins, I would love to take 1 year of pure meditation in Scotland. Just pick a place and meditate, clear my mind, dont think about anyone or anything, just clearing my mind.

Lucy Smith
06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
That requires a LOT of patience...
I can meditate but just not anywhere and at any time... just for the record, I am NOT a patient person evileyes :freaky: :o

It will come with the years I guess :D