PDA

View Full Version : What is "Shoot Aikido?"

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Jory Boling
06-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Has anybody heard of Aikido S.A. (Shoot Aikido)?

http://aikido-sa.com/

Jory

billybob
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
No.

The pictures look like judo/jujitsu, or I should say Koshi techniques. I'm told that sometimes English words are used because they 'sound good'. This is only surmisal.

david

Ron Tisdale
06-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Shoot aikido?

It's where I have the shotgun, and you....don't....

B,
R ;)

wmreed
06-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I tried running some of those pages through the google translator, and I think it made more sense with the kanji (that I can't read at all).

The most "profound" translation was:

“The human planting lawn prosperous flat teacher of myth”

It adds an entirely new dimension to my aikido practice that I had never before realized I was missing. And it makes me want to cut the grass with my bokken for some reason.

Ah, BETA translater, you have confused me.

WMReed

Chris Li
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Shoot aikido?

It's where I have the shotgun, and you....don't....

B,
R ;)

Actually, it's a Yoshinkan offshoot.

Best,

Chris

Upyu
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Has anybody heard of Aikido S.A. (Shoot Aikido)?

http://aikido-sa.com/

Jory

Refers to "shoot"fighting, or what's generally regarded as submission wrestling/vale tudo stuff over in japan.

Basically tweaking aikido to work in an mma/mixed environment. More power to them :D

Jory Boling
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks. My wife gets exhausted when I make her pour over countless aikido websites.

xuzen
06-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Actually, it's a Yoshinkan offshoot.
Best,
Chris

Yoshinkan? It looks thuggish (Tomiki'esque) to me...

Boon.

Chris Li
06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Yoshinkan? It looks thuggish (Tomiki'esque) to me...

Boon.

Sakurai was an uchideshi of Gozo Shioda for 13 years and used to be one of the shihan at Yoshinkan Hombu.

Best,

Chris

deepsoup
06-16-2006, 03:31 AM
It looks thuggish (Tomiki'esque)

Grrr. :grr:

:)

xuzen
06-16-2006, 04:06 AM
Grrr. :grr: :)

You SHODO-THUGS (TM) are so easy to anger.

Boon puts on "Mega Armour of Invincibility"
http://www.somersetkravmaga.co.uk/2613.jpg

Come and get me boyz!

DaveS
06-16-2006, 06:23 AM
You SHODO-THUGS (TM) are so easy to anger.

Boon puts on "Mega Armour of Invincibility"
http://www.somersetkravmaga.co.uk/2613.jpg

Come and get me boyz!
It looks like your joints can still move (and be moved) in that thing, so I wouldn't get too comfortable...

Mark Uttech
06-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Actually that photo is from a 'Model Mugging' class.

Ron Tisdale
06-16-2006, 08:07 AM
And good luck locking a joint in someone wearing one of those things.

Ron (cough, shomen tsuki, cough)

And just to stay on topic:
Refers to "shoot"fighting, or what's generally regarded as submission wrestling/vale tudo stuff over in japan.

Basically tweaking aikido to work in an mma/mixed environment. More power to them

Darn tootin.

Dennis Hooker
06-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I was watching Sensei do some amazing stuff and a fellow next to me said "what in the wide wide world of sports was that" and I said "Ah Shoot that was just Aikido" and it kind of stuck.

Don_Modesto
06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
And good luck locking a joint in someone wearing one of those things.

Have you tried it? (I haven't.)

Peyton Quinn disallows joint stuff at his RMCAT (?) training center...

Steven
06-16-2006, 06:19 PM
"Ah Shoot that was just Aikido" and it kind of stuck.
:D

L. Camejo
06-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey Don,

Peyton Quinn disallows joint stuff at his RMCAT (?) training center...

I have a copy of Peyton Quinn's second book (something to do with Adrenal stess training etc. etc.) I didn't realise he didn't do joint locks in the RMCAT training (I know they focus a lot on strikes). After all he has a pretty good Aikido background from what I read and much of the tai sabaki, awareness stuff etc. is directly comparable from what I read. I also saw a few joint locks being shown when he spoke about the system a bit, but this may not be a part of normal training I guess.

Always taught that Shoot Aikido had something to do with a Hakama and a Sniper Rifle myself. :)

Boon - The suit won't save you from the ultimate bone-crunching Gedan Ate anyway. :D

Gambatte.
LC:ai::ki:

xuzen
06-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Boon - The suit won't save you from the ultimate bone-crunching Gedan Ate anyway. :D
Gambatte.

Larry , you F@@L, the unenlightened ones are not suppose to know this... you have just reveal the greatest secret of aikido. :D

Hey, I am sorry your Trini-boyz couldn't make it to the second round in FIFA 2006. It would have been nice to see the underdog win, plenty to talk about if it did happen.

Boon.

L. Camejo
06-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Larry , you F@@L, the unenlightened ones are not suppose to know this... you have just reveal the greatest secret of aikido. :D

Hey, I am sorry your Trini-boyz couldn't make it to the second round in FIFA 2006. It would have been nice to see the underdog win, plenty to talk about if it did happen.

We still have an ok chance to go through to the second round. We've beaten that Paraguay team recently before the finals.

There was plenty to talk about after that England match and Crouch's "Hair Pull Goal". Reminds me why they make you cut your hair in the military.:) Either way the guys are learning some valuable lessons about the good and not so good sides of football at the world cup level.

So Boon, when you coming down here to do some training?