PDA

View Full Version : Trippin'

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

billybob
06-10-2006, 01:58 PM
"If a man is tripping on his own ego.....it is safer to just let him fall."

dave

Tony Hudspith
06-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi Dave
I know a few in Aikido who I would help to fall a little quicker with a swift kote gaeshi ;)
Egos, everyone's got one but this is where size matters. Smaller the better me thinks.

Tony

billybob
06-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Tony,

Hello. Just using humor to work through my own. It shows up just in time to make my nose point to the right. Some day perhaps a left handed hitter will straighten it out for me. we'll see

dave

Eric Webber
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
My first Sensei used to ask people to drop their shoes and their egos by the door. I loved that request, particularly for myself more than anything.

He also would remind folks to correct themselves before correcting others - another favorite.

Cheers - here's to humble-bility and reducing the size of our ego's. :D

Lucy Smith
06-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah you guys think size doesn't matter... :p

Mark Freeman
06-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Egos, everyone's got one but this is where size matters. Smaller the better me thinks.

Ego's? I don't have one, and I'm gonna make sure that everyone knows just how good I am ;)

Eric Webber
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I am humble! I am humble! Bow down to my humility, darn it!!!!!!! Worship my humbleness!!!! You all want to be just like me!!!!!!!! ;)

connie brown
06-13-2006, 07:45 PM
The great thing about my humility is that I don't have to go around bragging about it for people to notice me... Therefore I'm better than all you low-lifes who think you have to tell everyone how great you are. :disgust:

Steve Mullen
06-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Modesty and humility are the corner stones of my greatness

happysod
06-14-2006, 08:07 AM
It's no easy task being the person you all look up to all the time. I really think you don't deserve me sometimes, but I realize it's my duty to keep you all safe and training in the one true aikido, so I just suffer for your sakes.

billybob
06-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Hmmmm.

Have I put my foot in my mouth? Am I tripping over my own words?

Tough crowd you are, but I prefer it that way.

dave

emma.mason15
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
its hard to be humble when your as great as me!

John Boswell
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Every humble person here learned their humbleness from Me, and you all know it.

No one is more humble than myself. Just ask me, and I'll tell you how humble I am!

You could all learn a thing or two from my humblenityness... being humbler than any of you. :D

Just ask Dory Dory! She knows... I have taught her well, as well. ;)