PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Loquitur
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi,
I had trained in Aikido in Hamilton, ON, Canada, back in 1989 through to 1992.

I was going through some old boxes recently and came across a few books and videos I had purchased back then. I wanted to sign up here to gauge whether there was any interest in these things. I recently put them up on eBay, but I thought I'd ask around here also. So, anyone still interested in material for the Yoshinkan style of Aikido? I have Gozo Shioda's Introduction to Basic Technique (1990) book and I also have (what I believe isn't available anymore) a Japanese VHS tape (SPA-8003) put out by IYAF, that compliments the book.

Anyway, I look fondly back on my days studying Aikido, and I often think I should take it up again. This website is a great resource, which of course wasn't available back in my time.

akiy
06-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi Franco,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Lucy Smith
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi Franco, welcome.
Why did you quit, if I may ask?
I have a friend named Franco who also quit, it was so awful since he was very good, and I never knew why he left...
Anyway, I think you should definitely take it up again. What can you loose?

Best,
Lucy.

Loquitur
06-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi Lucy. Well, I quit because it became too inconvenient for me during the last years of my studies to keep up the pace of training. In fact, I stopped all recreational activity at that time, to my detriment I'm sure. But I have a hankering to get back into it, and I might put out some feelers to see what the clubs are like around where I live now. It would be good to get my kids interested in it as well.