PDA

View Full Version : Just registered

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Stephen Pate
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
The e-mail asked me to introduce myself so here goes:

I've wanted to learn Aikido for about 10 years and finally got around to it 2 years ago. I started at Kansas State's club and switched dojos when I was transfered to Hays, KS last year.
Changing dojos has been somewhat difficult for me due to stylistic differences.
I plan to continue for the rest of my life with maybe a little experimentation in Karate, Tai Chi, or sword arts but not for a few years yet. My options are rather limited in western Kansas since the only other schools I've found within 100 miles are TKD and TKD that calls itself Karate.

My other martial training consists entirely of Army related skills (despite what some aikidoists have insisted, I still consider rifle marksmanship a martial art). I'm currently a career counsel for the US Army Reserve and I plan to soldier for the next 12 years or so.

akiy
05-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

David Kai
05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Just thought you might be interested ... Crane Sensei has a wonderful video on the bayonet defense in the Aikido realm.

KAI

Leslie Leoni
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Welcome Stephen,
I'm new at Aikido also, took me 10 years to decide which MA I wanted to train in. I've never been to western Kansas - just the East Side. This site provides great information on Aikido, a lot of humor and a lof of varying few points.(All Good!)