PDA

View Full Version : Pink Hakama

Please visit our sponsor:

emma.mason15
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
simple girl that I am, I tend to take a simple view.
Its a matter of pride I s'pose. I always feel dead chuffed when my sensei says that Im gunna test. and its eciting to think that Ive learnt a bit more ... and am profiecient enough to gain that honour!
that and it means im one step closer to the PINK HAKAMA! :D :D :D

Karen Wolek
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
LOL, Emma! A few years ago I was leafing through a martial arts supply catalog at my sensei's house. I came across a really cool purple hakama, showed it to my sensei and my other teacher and asked if I could get it.

All I GOT was a "look."

Dammit.

kaishaku
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
One of my BJJ partners showed up in one of these (http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?shopper_id=7537581432237537&Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1557) lovely numbers.

Yep. Pink jujitsu gi. :eek:

RebeccaM
05-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh my....

I'm trying to decide if I should now gouge my eyes out with a fork or show up wearing one. Bubble gum pink plus a navy blue hakama. Pretty fetching, no?

Steve Mullen
05-10-2006, 07:26 AM
i have trained with a few people who would go week at the knees and start dribbling at the prospect of being able to wear one of those

emma.mason15
05-10-2006, 04:05 PM
One of my BJJ partners showed up in one of these (http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?shopper_id=7537581432237537&Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1557) lovely numbers.

Yep. Pink jujitsu gi. :eek:

O M G ..... I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!
even if I NEVER get to wear it ..... i shall clean my house wearing it ... I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! :D

emma.mason15
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
well sensei and I have made a bargain! .... when I get to wear a hakama ... If I can find a pink one ... I will be allowed to wear it once a year in the dojo ..... (For the Dojo Photo!) .....
SO I MUST TEST!!!!

emma.mason15
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
i have trained with a few people who would go week at the knees and start dribbling at the prospect of being able to wear one of those
Its you isnt it Steve? .... ;)

Qatana
05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I may be forgiven for this someday....

http://budobabes.tribe.net/photos/83c67ba9-7b18-40f1-81eb-bb40e986a716

cck
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Jo, that is just beautiful! This might be one of those things that would tempt Janet back, though!

Qatana
05-10-2006, 05:38 PM
After she beats me up for this?

Janet Rosen
05-10-2006, 11:26 PM
why would i do that? I WANT the pink gi damnit...for my code pink actions!!!!

merlynn
05-11-2006, 03:10 AM
ooooooooooooooo my emma is just gonna love this aint she not only can she have a pink gi but also she can have her pink hakama too:D

Dirk Hanss
05-11-2006, 03:38 AM
I recently bought the dark red hakama from kwon. Unfortunately they applied some writings on them. I no they mean something like "No thoughts", but I could not identify the last character.

I cannot explain the whole story, why I bought it, but is was clear, that I would not be allowed to wear it in the dojo.
... until sensei saw it when it arrived. "You can wear it once for testing. It does not look as bad as in the catalogue." was his reaction. And at the end of this "test" lesson, he told the whole class: "Your next hakama could be this red one, if you understand the writings." Now we are allowed to were black, navy blue, or red hakama. The last one however not for demonstartions or on seminars.
...Not yet ;)

Dirk

Chuck.Gordon
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I saw a woman wearing a pink hak with big red hearts on the knees at a seminar once ...

It was ... strange.

I'm still waiting for the black leather hak ...

Qatana
05-11-2006, 08:21 AM

Hmmm, we Have the Technology. Someday I WILL have one!
And a tie dye one. And a Hawai'ian print one.

Dirk Hanss
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM

You mean the tight one, with mat compliant high heels?

Funny idea, but you never know :freaky:

Dirk

Lucy Smith
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Dirk, why did u want a dark red hakama??? Oh come on tell us!!!!!!!!

Dirk Hanss
05-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Lucy, it is a simple boring story.

Last year we were attending a Saotome seminar in France. Locker rooms were hell overcrowded, so we went back to hotel in our keiko-gi. As some organisations like ours and A.S.U. encourage students from the first test not to train in "pants", but in hakama, we wore hakama on the mat, but sensei did not want us to wear them outside the dojo. So I thought, if I should not practice in underwear, why to hell should I go in public just in "pants" and jacket? So my idea was to buy a hakama, that is obviously not worn during practice, so this year I can move from dojo to hotel and vice versa well dressed.

Does it make sense? I know I am crazy. That's why I am here :drool:

Dirk

emma.mason15
05-17-2006, 07:08 PM

er ... isnt that chaps? :D :p

Bronson
05-17-2006, 11:13 PM
er ... isnt that chaps? :D :p

Hakama are chaps.

ARTICLE (http://www.shindai.com/articles/hakama.htm)

Bronson

Chuck.Gordon
05-18-2006, 03:50 AM
Hmmm, we Have the Technology. Someday I WILL have one!
And a tie dye one. And a Hawai'ian print one.

My Emily has a very nice Hawaiian print hakama. Spiffy!

cg

Rocky Izumi
05-18-2006, 06:08 AM
I don't see what is so big about the pink gi, I had a couple of those many years ago when I washed a red T-shirt along with my gis at a seminar. (No, I didn't see the T-shirt wrapped up in the gi and it wasn't mine!) Had to wear pink gis all through that seminar about twenty years ago. Or was that a summer camp? Well, just wanted to point out that I was wearing pink gis over twenty years ago. :freaky:

And, yes, everyone did compliment me on the nice colour except for the Shihan who gave me a whithering look and asked if I had any other gis with me. When I told him they all turned this colour, he just walked away shaking his head and muttering something about having to teach about sentaku. :confused:

Rock

Chuck.Gordon
05-20-2006, 04:18 AM
I don't see what is so big about the pink gi, I had a couple of those many years ago ...

And I bet you looked damn spiffy.

But ... I gotta ask ... did you do Cornholio Aikido in the pink dogi???

;)

ESimmons
05-20-2006, 09:32 AM
"Little girls tie bows, real men Saikyo!"

http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/49/Dan_SF.jpg/200px-Dan_SF.jpg

Rocky Izumi
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM
And I bet you looked damn spiffy.

But ... I gotta ask ... did you do Cornholio Aikido in the pink dogi???

;)

Now where the hell did you learn about my Cornholio comments in regards to Aikido?

Shtraker, this is KAOS. We don't thphft (Cornholio) here in KAOS!

Rock

Chuck.Gordon
05-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Now where the hell did you learn about my Cornholio comments in regards to Aikido?

Heh! First aikido-l seminar in San Antonio ... you were too much fun!

cg

Rocky Izumi
05-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Heh! First aikido-l seminar in San Antonio ... you were too much fun!

cg
I remember you there Chuck, but I don't remember doing the Cornholio thing. Too bad we don't have any more aikido-l type seminars.

Rock

Janet Rosen
05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
well, rocky i was there and i sure remember it!
and while it has been a while, there have been many followup seminars:
http://www.aikido-l.org/seminars/

Rocky Izumi
05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey Janet,

I guess I have been out of touch for a while. Living here in the Caribbean makes me kind of easy going -- where's my lime? where's my rum? where's my cigar?

Rock

Chuck.Gordon
05-25-2006, 01:07 AM
well, rocky i was there and i sure remember it!
and while it has been a while, there have been many followup seminars:
http://www.aikido-l.org/seminars/

Evenso, and there are a couple of mini-sems coming up this summer, too.

Ross Robertson's hosting a get-together in Austin, TX, in August, and Emily and I will be getting together with some Midwest budo bums in indiana next month.

Rock, can't help you with the rum, but I'll be bringing gifts of wine and chocolate back to the US!

Rocky Izumi
05-25-2006, 07:54 AM
So when are all you Aikido fanatics coming down here for the rum, beer, sand, sun, surf, fish, diving, surfing, and Aikido? Notice, Aikido was put last here.

Rock