PDA

View Full Version : MAF Summer Camp 2006 - June 17-24, 2006

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

AikiWeb System
05-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Posted 2006-05-07 13:24:57 by Peter Zalinski
News URL: http://www.aikidoharvard.org/maf_summercamp_2006.pdf

Last chance to sign up - we're temporarily waiving the late fee - please contact Naomi ASAP if you are interested (see below). This is a rare opportunity to study with Seiji Seki Shihan (7th dan), one of the main instructors at Aikido World Headquarters Honbu Dojo in Tokyo. All Aikidoists, all affiliations are welcome. Time is short as we need to get our numbers in to reserve the space at Parkside before May 12th - so contact Naomi now. The link (above) is to the flyer/application for Camp:

MAF Summer Camp 2006 w/Guest instructor Shoji Seki Sensei from Hombu Dojo
Where: University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Kenosha, WI
Phone: 773-477-4055 (Naomi Wentworth)
E-Mail: wentwort@lakeforest.edu

DanielR
05-15-2006, 08:36 AM
If anyone coming for the second half week could use a ride from the Milwaukee-Mitchell airport on the 21st around 1pm, please PM me.

ramenboy
05-23-2006, 04:04 PM
hey peter

good to hear from you! SHOJI Seki. not to be missed.

see you there!

jvc

ramenboy
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
dan san

i just heard from kin. i think he plans to be there too. are you guys flying out together?

email me.
climbthis@earthlink.net

mata ne
jvc

rulemaker
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I agree that any Aikido Seminar by Shoji Seki Shihan should not be missed! He was one of the Uke of Doshu Kisshomaru Ueshiba in the dvd/video "Aikido: Living with Nature" taken in the 70's or 80's. I would like to train with him again because he was the one who conducted my shodan and nidan exam.

Mel

ramenboy
05-24-2006, 12:06 PM
hey mel,

how's things in the philippines. my relatives are in san nicolas. haven't been able to get back there for 20 years!

Sensei's been out for the midwest camp for the last 5 years. amazing what you learn from someone who barely says anything on the mat! he's truly a great teacher.

next year, make a trip to the midwest (by that time, its almost as hot as the philippines!)

jvc

pezalinski
05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Whoops.:blush: Major spelling error there in the first reference to Shihan Shoji Seki. Thanks for catching that, ramenboy.