PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

nicojo
05-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Well I never did an intro for the other MA forums I'm on (e-budo, swordforum, budoseek) so maybe I can make up for that here.

I've been a lurker here for a few years but only recently registered. My intro to Aikido was about seven years ago in Cambridge, MA at the MIT club dojo under Stroud sensei, a longtime student of Kanai sensei. I was taking a class at a local university for the summer and had wanted to check Aikikai out. A great experience, and in fact when I moved away after the summer term ended, the next few aikido dojos I saw didn't grab me as much. So I did some other things.

Well some moving around to work a few places and get a master's degree kept me from settling anywhere long enough to train hard, but about three years ago I moved to Arizona and began studying iaido. I went to the aiki expo last spring and after talking with a certain teacher there, began studying Jiyushinkai Aikibudo with my girlfriend last August. It has been great but unfortunately we are moving on again. We will be coming back to visit and train, though.

Guess that's it. Along the way I have had brief exposure to some other martial arts, including some Chinese neija (tai-chi, bagua, hsing i), and studied iaido in Japan for a few months. So I have gotten to the point where I know what exactly I like to study; now all I need is to stay in a place long enough to do it justice...

Jiyushinkai Aikibudo is a great art, and my girlfriend and I are really enjoying it!

akiy
05-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi Jon,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun