PDA

View Full Version : Beginning my journey...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

m.kops
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello! My name is Martha Kops. As of January, I have started my practice at Aikido West in Redwood City, California under Frank Doran and all the fine teachers and aikidoka there. I feel very fortunate to be able to practice, and only wish I had started in my 20's, but it wasn't until my son caught the "bug" that I tried it. With Kent Sensei, the children's teacher, parents are welcome on the mat in the kids class. That lead me to the introductory class in February taught by Doran Sensei and now adult membership. We are about to do our first 24 hour Gasshuku in Berkeley with Kent Sensei and Kayla Feder, Sensei. One thing that is very striking is the wonderful sense of community I have found with Aikidoka. :ai: :ki: :do:

akiy
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi Martha,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

MaryKaye
05-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Cool!

We have also been able to lure a few parents onto the mat along with their kids; now we have a really interesting mixed-ages Saturday class as a result.

Mary Kaye

Trish Greene
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Welcome Martha!

My 12yo son and I work out together, it has been a great experience!

Michael O'Brien
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Martha,

Welcome from Nashville, Tn.

Lucy Smith
05-04-2006, 04:32 PM
One thing that is very striking is the wonderful sense of community I have found with Aikidoka.

I feel the same way. Everyone is very helpful in a way that is difficult to find in any other environments.

Wellcome to Aikido and Aikiweb

Lucy

statisticool
05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
My 12yo son and I work out together, it has been a great experience!

That's awesome. :)

When I was about that age doing taekwondo my mom and dad both joined the class later on. It was very enjoyable to hang out with them, and I thought it was so neat that I had a blue belt but they only had a white belt. :)