PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to All

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Bowjamer
04-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi I'm a newbie to Aikiweb , Aikido (5 weeks ) and to ukemi that I'm doing wrong and its killing my shoulders and to the overwhelming amount of tecniques taught in a session that I usually go home confused :disgust: anyway God Bless to all in this Martial art :D

HooverGurl
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Paul!!

Welcome! Never ever worry about doing things wrong...I've been studying for 2 1/2 years and I still manage to do some sort of ukemi wrong and never ever do I go home unconfused....even on nights where its just a test! Have a GREAT day!!!

akiy
04-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Michael O'Brien
04-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome from Nashville, Tn. Ukemi is an art unto itself :) and at 5 weeks you are definitely still getting a feel for it. It will come in time. If you are getting a lot of stress in your shoulders from techniques being applied or falls/rolls where you are landing too hard you might ask your nage to slow down a little when you are training so that you don't get injured.

Mark Uttech
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Hello Paul, say hello to the two senseis, Wade and John for me. In gassho

Lucy Smith
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Try ukemi from a kneeling position with one leg up, holding a tanto with both of your hands in front of you (not in a position where one hand is closer to you than the other).

Good luck!!
Lucy